Intercooler or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler or not

What is a fair price for a 1997 p reg intercooled surf with 40,000 miles on the clock,i have seen one at £11.995,what is the difference between the intercooled and non intercooled?

Regards
    Mark.

Originally posted by mark burrows
    What is a fair price for a 1997 p reg intercooled surf with 40,000 miles on the clock,i have seen one at £11.995,what is the difference between the intercooled and non intercooled?

Regards
    Mark.
    the intercooled surf has an intercooler... the non-intercooled doesn't!
    it's a radiator in the air inlet pipe between the turbo and the injectors... cooling the compressed air... slightly better mpg and performance.
    intercooler is the one to go for if it's the right price.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      the intercooled surf has an intercooler... the non-intercooled doesn't!
      it's a radiator in the air inlet pipe between the turbo and the injectors... cooling the compressed air... slightly better mpg and performance.
      intercooler is the one to go for if it's the right price.
      dont forget this though, the newer they are the dearer they are to fix when something goes wrong, main dealer needed to hook up to computer
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        dont forget this though, the newer they are the dearer they are to fix when something goes wrong, main dealer needed to hook up to computer
        most good mechanics have diagnostic equipment with all the latest software.
        as the 3.0l engine is used on UK spec motors too, then i can't see a problemjust ask around if they have the gear... (if they're tight then might only have stuff for ford/vauxhall) i know for sure of a private mechanic in reading who has software for all makes.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X