Oh dear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear

Just had a crawl around under the old girl (truck not wife) trying to work out how the underslung spare wheel comes down. Can anyone help? When I noticed that I have a split in my exahust pipe on the bend between the two boxes. Anyone know where I can get hold of a stainless steel replacement, cant see the point of putting mild steel back on, and how much they may be. I also notice that I have a broken bracket on the back axel that holds what I think is the anti roll bar in place. Same question where can I get one and how much. Begining to wish I hadnt looked now.

Cheers Guys: Spoggle

Most people recomend powerflow
    http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlocator.cfm
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Have you got a tool roll with your truck? It should have the wheel brace and wheel chock, plus a couple of other tools in there. There should also be a brown coloured folding bar in there too this is used with the attatchment under the rear seats, (the jack is under there too) to lower the spare wheel.
      Insert bar through the hole in the rear bumper and engage into mechanism and wind the handle clockwise to lower the spare wheel.
      see here for the rest..........http://www.toyotahilux.com/

Comment

simple,

underslug spare, there should be a long handle under the back seats. this pokes in through the hole in your bumper and you twidle it down using a matching handle with a sqaure slot from your tool roll.

exhaust, i replaced my back section complete for 115 plus vat from milners.
        dont know how much stainless ones are. i wouldnt bother with stainless if you are going off road a lot, it would be a shame to duff up an expensive bit of pipe.

the antiroll bar bracket, about 5-7 quid from milners.

simple. I just had to do exactly all 3 things for my mot a couple of months ago.
        she's no angel

Comment

them antiroll brackets or bushes not always easy to repalce
          sheared the top two bolts on mine this week, even after a week of WD40 prep
          and then carefully tightening and loosening slightly, just snapped clean.

the back ones are in an open bracket, fiddly, but i manged to drift out the spot welded nut on the back of bracket and put new nut&bolt in after a couple hours of cursing...

afraid to do the fronts now, as the bolts go into chassis rail....
          might try heat and shock treatment first
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
          X