• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spans

Hi daniel, Did you get my reply to your PM? Not sure if it went ok, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Hi Ian,

Yes thank you I get your message, I have ordered some blue led's and I will attack the dash, maybe as soon as the weekend if I get them in time. Thank you for your tips, I will be putting about 6 per large dial, and 2-3 in the smaller ones, I will wire up the resistors outside, as with my digger hands, fiddly ain't really my thing!

If ya ever up in the midlands gimmie a shout, and pop in for a cuppa.

One thing though, where did you take the 12v supply from, was it from the back of the flexi circuit, or was it from an independent supply, if possible I'd like to take it from the circuit, or the supply to the lighting on the circuit, but if you advise me to wire it in independently then that’s what I'll do, do the resistors only go on the neg side, and are they all wired in parallel or series???

One more question, this is about Speakers and Amps, I am going to put a couple of amps in the back in a large speaker box, that has 2 X 6” – 9” speakers and a 10” sub, now for the speaker connections I have made a multi plug, so I can remove the3 box if I have something big for the boot, but what to do for the amp power???

I thought that a 30amp connector ( like a 3 phase mains plug and box )would do the job, if I wire that in place, I hope that I should be able to remove the whole box, amps and all, and simply just plug it in when it goes back..

Any ideas would be great.

Comment

Hi daniel, Glad you got it ok, im never sure if it works or not, You need to solder one resistor to each led positive tail ( the longer of the two) You can then join the wires together, It dose'nt matter if you solder it further along the wire as long as its before you join em, You can also cut the led tails down if you want as long as you remember which is pos (best to use different colours for pos and neg then you cant go wrong), Up to you where you take your supply from, any panel light feed will do, Took mine from the plug on the back of the inst pod Second one in (looking at the pod from the front) from the left hand side, As i used so many i run the feed through a fuse, You'll have to use a glass fuse and holder (maplins again) about 1amp for yours i'd guess as the car fuses dont go that low, Apprantly around 40 leds come to around 1amp (i'm told), I used a 2.5amp, Also i used 3mmleds as i needed so many but 5mm will do you, Phenoptix has a data sheet page which advises in wireing em, He also does colour changing leds which arnt on his ebay shop listing, (if you fancy some bling). Im afraid i know bugger all about ICE, Guys on here will help you out im sure, Cheers for the offer of a cuppa, I'll bear that in mind, We were up there just before xmas, Preston to pick up my bull bars, Had a look round my old birthplace at the same time
      (Oldham), If i can be of any more help let me know, Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi Spans
        Havn't you got that box in yet I used some plug in choc blocks, the type of connectors that you just break off to the amount that you need but these have a pin in one end that just plugs into the other set. I don't know what amps you can get them in but I had no problems with the ones that i used in fact they are on my new system.
        Re the LEDs it doesn't really matter which leg you put the resistor in as it just limits the current and can do that going in or coming out and once you have wired up the resistor you can connect 12v across it without doing any harm, one way it will work the other way it won't.
        Another tip I found especially with the superbright LEDs is to file or grind the lens off the end, that way you get a much wider more even spread of light and avoids bright and dim spots.
        By the way loved the OTT feedback
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=paulh]Hi Spans
          Havn't you got that box in yet I used some plug in choc blocks, the type of connectors that you just break off to the amount that you need but these have a pin in one end that just plugs into the other set.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the note, well I have kinda got the box in place, its got like loads of wires hanging out of the back, and about 2 reels of tape holding it all together, 1 amp is in, and another is coming this weekend, (along with a new water pump, and exhaust pipe!), so you know what I'll be up to this weekend, where do you get these err choc blocks ??

Glad you liked the feedback, bit more colorful than, err thanks!

Good to hear from you paul, I hope to be coming up your way in the beastie soon, maybe you will show me what a grown up surf looks like!

Comment

Working...
          X