• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's GOT to go ?

Hi All

Had some bad news on Monday and it was confirmed on Tuesday

I have been made Redundant
    New company has bought us out and has laid everyone off, they have moved in there own team and only re-hiring those they want to keep, unfortunatley as I was Management they don't want to keep any of us

Due to this and a couple of other changes, I have to sell my Surf
    I shall be taking some photos later and put them up in the For Sale section anyone with a good offer can have her

I HAVE however managed to sneak out with the Bumper Stickers & Window Stickers and will post them to Koi in a couple of days, some good news I suppose

Maybe I will be in a position to get another sometime in the future, somethings are just Not to be are they

Sorry forgot to add that she has done 81,000Km

Just to let you all know that she is now up in the For Sale Section
    Last edited by colincd; 20 September 2003, 04:40.
    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

sad news colin, i'm sure it will only be temporary, it'll only be a matter of time b4 you're surfing again, good luck.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Yeah, sorry for the news, stay on the forum fella (if you stand the sight of other surfs playing around)

You'll be back in Surf ownship before long.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sorry to hear that Colin , hopefully, you'll be in a new job and a new surf soon

Fieldsy

Comment

Sad Bad news colin hope you get on your feet soon.There is always a place for you on the forum. So dont go far.

sumo.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thats bloody rotten news mate - hope you find something quicker than its taking me!
            Good luck with the job hunt and don't be a stranger!!
            Lou

Comment

Super sad mate, I've been mad redundant 3 times in the last 5 years, and at my age that's no fun. Don't despair all will be OK in the end.
              http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

tough break, dont let the b'stards get you down, good luck with everything

Comment

Keep your chin up Colin, don't despair. I'm sure you'll be shopping for a Surf again soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                    Keep your chin up Colin, don't despair. I'm sure you'll be shopping for a Surf again soon!
                    Colin, sorry to hear this, appreciate the thought of sneaking the stickers out.
                    Many thanks for doing them, hang in there mate and stay on here keep in touch with us.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                      Colin, sorry to hear this, appreciate the thought of sneaking the stickers out.
                      Many thanks for doing them, hang in there mate and stay on here keep in touch with us.
                      As all the sentiments above have expressed, sorry to hear your bad news.
                      Thanks for thinking of us (re stickers) whilst your own concerns are obviously so great.

Best of luck, and here's hoping your next job arrives soon and surpases your old one.

Hope you get surfin again soon.
                      Maurice
                      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thank you

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone
                        I have been a Surf owner for such a short time and a member of this forum for an even shorter time.
                        I have learnt so much and have been made to feel so welcome in this day and age it is very rare, Thank you

I will not vanish from here totally, you never know I might win the lotto this weekend and treat everyone to a "Dirty Weekend" America or Australia sounds good

Any way, Thanks to everyone for your help and Koi if you read this could you Please send me your Home Address (or an address I can use) so I can get the Stickers off to you.

Very Kind Regards to All

Colin
                        NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Colin, I'm really sorry to hear your bad news - I'll keep my fingers crossed that something comes up for you soon, and with a bit of luck it will be better than the old job and you will be able to go out surf shopping again!
                          Hang in there mate..
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

**** news mate, burn the place down before you leave
                            There is a cheap hilux runabout on ebay (camper in all)
                            fancy a job as a chippies teaboy? I might have vacancy
                            Josh

Comment

Hiya Guys (TonyN , JimL, Lucky, Koi .... and Andy for getting back)

This is a bit high tech - obviously properly administered now - heh heh

Goin to take some time to get used to this format ....... but hey ...

Steven

(Gotta find the dog now..........)

Comment

Working...
                              X