Nightmare Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Insurance

Hi everyone Im new to the forum as you will have guessed !!!!!

I have just purchased a hilux surf 1991 and i need my partner insured on it ! but she has only held her licience for 8 months and I am getting stupid quotes of 800 plus I have tried most of the insures listed on the forum I dont want to sell it cos I love it and so does my partner can anyone help please ??

Could be worse , im payin £182 a month
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

We have gone with Sureterm Direct 0845 20 20 230 Our 19 yr old son (going on 49 in the head) caused us some grief but we got a good quote from these guys I got the brochure off the counter at autoserv at selby
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

insurance

hi there
        we have only had our surf for a month now and we were getting some silly quotes anyware from £500 to £1300 we are both 32 with full no claims then we found A-PLAN they got our insurance down to £248 a year for a 3.0ltr fully comp with protected they specialize in anything imported give them a go mate they always come across as they cant do enough to help the phone no is 0845-0711234and ask for imports. hope this helps mate

Comment

hi try 08702020230 they have just given me an excellent quote today and beat the nearest competitor by miles.

Comment

Originally posted by wombal
            we found A-PLAN they got our insurance down to £248 a year for a 3.0ltr fully comp with protected they specialize in anything imported give them a go mate they always come across as they cant do enough to help the phone no is 0845-0711234and ask for imports. hope this helps mate
            I agree - try A-Plan. When we got our Surf we had no no-claims to transfer as it was an additional vehicle, so they "ghosted" our full no-claims onto the new policy. This year the quote went down as we had been with them for 12 months - a loyalty bonus!
            At this rate they will soon be paying us to insure with them.
            Keith

Comment

are you self employed?

the reason i ask is that i am self employed, and my previous vehicle was a humble 1.8d 93 fiesta 'van', which i had ensured TPFT

i transfered the insurance to my surf and upgraded to fully comp for an extra £130 or thereabouts

i use performance direct and have a traders policy - just a thought incase your missus was self employed
              problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

If your on a traders policy try tradex, they were good to me in the past and no brokers to faff around with
                Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                  We have gone with Sureterm Direct 0845 20 20 230 Our 19 yr old son (going on 49 in the head) caused us some grief but we got a good quote from these guys I got the brochure off the counter at autoserv at selby
                  they wouldnt insure me, i think you need to be 23+

avalon i know the feeling.. im still paying over £100 a month!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

A-Plan worked out the best for me. They also "ghosted" my NCB from the other car (which I kept) and although they weren't quite the cheapest, they sound like they know what they're doing. Always a bonus with inurance companies.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      they wouldnt insure me, i think you need to be 23+

avalon i know the feeling.. im still paying over £100 a month!
                      When you are old and grey and unfit such as I you'd be surprised how cheap the quotes get !?!

Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Lifesure http://www.lifesure.co.uk/motor.php. Just got my renewal - £260 for my 3.0 with me as main driver and wife as 2nd driver plus £224 for my Peugeot 306 2.0hdi again me as main and wife as 2nd. They have ghosted my full no claims across both vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                        X