Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillit would be proud!

Eh up,

Just thought i'd share my latest project with you. I needed a gareden shed so i can clear space in the garage to continue building my kit car. I was after one about 6'x4', just to get some junk clear, then my mate said his gran had one she didn't need. Turns out she got it second hand ten or so years ago, and has never looked after it. I got it over to our house on the weekend, and have decided to do the job properly, by stripping all the nails and junk off it, and treating the wood (not to dinner or a night out). The roof had obviously been refelted at some point, cos the tatters that were left were in 2 layers, with 2 sets of tacks holding the bits down. I removed over a pint glass full of nails just from the roof!! The shed sides are now spread around the garden, where they're getting a coat on the inside and 2 coats on the outside of blue (yes blue) ronseal wood stain and protector stuff. Tomorrow job is to paint the remaining 2 sides and felt the roof with the newly purchased felt, oh and i'm reusing the tacks that i pulled out cos most of them are find.

Sorry to waffle on, just thought i'd share my first shed-like experience. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow if anyone's interested.

With the shed being 10'x6' (not the 6'x4' i was after) i've decided to partition it in half and buy a dog so it can use one half as a kennel.

cheers,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

warms the cockles of your heart, dont it....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
    X