Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

My DAD Died on MOTHERS DAY & we have been clearing the house out. Why is it that they seam to HOARD so much useless junk.
    Ive ordered the 3rd MAXI SKIP in 3 days it never seams to get less the more you move the more you Discover.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Originally posted by marky
    My DAD Died on MOTHERS DAY & we have been clearing the house out. Why is it that they seam to HOARD so much useless junk.
    Ive ordered the 3rd MAXI SKIP in 3 days it never seams to get less the more you move the more you Discover.

That useless junk was probably his "might come in handy" like all the stuff i hang on to, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'm like that as well but since moving house i had to get rid of it due to lack of space. He still had the Family tent from the 1960's
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Mark, I lost my mother the week befor I,m left with a garage full of her belongings. I know what your,e going through
        Al M6
        WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

one mans junk is another mans treasure,
          sorry to hear about your loss mate
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

my parents have got an acre of land with 11 sheds on it (like father, like son...) the contents of these sheds varies from a complete blacksmiths shop, to piles of old paving slab moulds and clutter. lent against these sheds are sheets of corrugated iron, all rusty, asbestos roofing panels, cast iron gutter pipes you name it, its there. dads 82, and getting a bit forgetful so theres no hope of acually finding anything if you did want it! lately he has taken to swapping stuff, so he swapped 2 staddle stones (with tops) for 2 plastic 40 gallon drums to catch the rain water in.... bless im...
            over the last year we have been taking trailer loads of the worst of it to the dump, probably 30 odd trips, and we havent even dented it yet. i'm glad i've still got the old duffer helping sort it cos every bit of tat has a story to it. he forgets my name sometimes, but he knows who gave him a wheelbarrow 40 years ago thats only held together with rust and goodwill now.
            good luck marky
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I was supposed to shift the last of my mums 'belongings' from the garage last Saturday with my Runner and trailer but the Runner broke down. Just got a guy today to clear it with his lorry for £80 .
              God knows how much it would cost to clear out all my well kept junk .
              Hope now to have sold my mums bungalow so we can pay the loan back on the inheritance tax you have to pay BEFORE you can sell the property . My sister had to remortgage her house .
              This goverment just makes it worse even when you loose a member of famaily .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I have a business partner like that (not dead, just hoards), he throws nowt out but when he goes on his hols I get his space cleared but the skip has to go before he gets back or it all gets dragged back in. His excuse is some of that junk might be handy one day and as luck has it "that" bit I just threw out is needed the day after!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  I'm like that as well but since moving house i had to get rid of it due to lack of space. He still had the Family tent from the 1960's
                  surely you can fit some wheels and tow hitch on it an make it a caravan marky
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    my parents have got an acre of land with 11 sheds on it (like father, like son...) the contents of these sheds varies from a complete blacksmiths shop, to piles of old paving slab moulds and clutter. lent against these sheds are sheets of corrugated iron, all rusty, asbestos roofing panels, cast iron gutter pipes you name it, its there. dads 82, and getting a bit forgetful so theres no hope of acually finding anything if you did want it! lately he has taken to swapping stuff, so he swapped 2 staddle stones (with tops) for 2 plastic 40 gallon drums to catch the rain water in.... bless im...
                    over the last year we have been taking trailer loads of the worst of it to the dump, probably 30 odd trips, and we havent even dented it yet. i'm glad i've still got the old duffer helping sort it cos every bit of tat has a story to it. he forgets my name sometimes, but he knows who gave him a wheelbarrow 40 years ago thats only held together with rust and goodwill now.
                    good luck marky
                    I work with the oldies and if you are lucky enough to get the time to listen some of these stories are fascinating.........

Comment

the contents of these sheds varies from a complete blacksmiths shop,
                      Drool, me want!!!

I'll swap it for a 2nd gen bodyshell..........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

a complete blacksmiths shop,
                        I can home that lot very easily.......
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Drool, me want!!!

I'll swap it for a 2nd gen bodyshell..........

but i already have a 2nd gen bodyshell....
                          anyway blacksmithing is genetic, not learnt, so cant let it go out of the family!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

My dad died over twenty years ago and I still have some of his old text books collecting dust in my attic along with a few other personal effects, yet my mother died over thirty years ago but I think my elder sister has most of her stuff!
                            Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

blacksmithing is genetic
                              cool, my uncle was a blacksmith!...

anyone want horseshoes or spears?
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X