No announcement yet.

Sender ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Vince me ole mate, Cheers! Shame about this adaptor though, Dont know where im gonna stick me senders now but i expect someone will tell me
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Sorry to hear about the oil temp sender...

**edit**
      Just had a good look at those pics...
      That looks great Ian... nicely done...
      **edit**

But if the normal coolant sender is not too far off... placing it on the lower hose will give you the amount the rad is cooling (difference between original and coooled)...?

Didn't GreyGhost (?) have something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
        , I was thinking the bottom hose was the one that warmed up first before the stat opened, Perhaps you could confirm this for me ( the flow direction i mean) ,
        Ian
        Well, the 3.0 definatly flows top to bottom, I assumed the 2.4 does as well, but maybe not, the 3.0 has the stat on the bottem hose, blocking water coming out the rad, but the 2.4 has the stat in the top hose, so...........

:off to find a manual:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          I assumed the 2.4 does as well
          Correct

Nev

Comment

Had a good poke around this afternoon and eventually found a side light wire has gone dead, Its on the O/S arch and used to feed my old bosh spots, I used it to feed a side/panel lights fuse block behind the upper dash so i had a ready supply of feeds for gauges etc, God knows why it blew! I've checked every fuse i can find and all seems ok, For some reason i was getting a back feed through the gauges (orange) lighting wires which was just lighting the compass and spots leds, I transferred the supply from another side light feed and all is working as it should, I'm now getting panel lighting to the new gauges and they go bright and do a sweep when the ign is turned on, Got a better pic of the compass which you could'nt see before,
            Andy/Tony, Re this flow question! Once the engine has got up to temp there wont be a great deal of differance in temp between the top and bottom of the rad will there?, The original sender is in the stat housing (top hose) The waters not a big problem, its where can i fix the two oil senders im worried about, I'm gonna check my filter at the weekend but Nev is propably right,so i'll need some tees (sod it) Ian
            Attached Files

Comment

I may have this wrong... but the rad is there to cool the coolant down to a certain level. The Thermostat is to divert the coolant flow through the rad when required level is reached... 82 degrees (?)...

So the coolant leaving the thermostat enters the rad at 82 degrees... goes through the rad and cools somewhat... then enters the engine and heats up?... to leave through the thermostat into the rad again...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                I may have this wrong... but the rad is there to cool the coolant down to a certain level. The Thermostat is to divert the coolant flow through the rad when required level is reached... 82 degrees (?)...

So the coolant leaving the thermostat enters the rad at 82 degrees... goes through the rad and cools somewhat... then enters the engine and heats up?... to leave through the thermostat into the rad again...
                Yeah your right, When the stat opens the water in the head has reached temperature and must flow into the rad downwards circulating in a top to bottom Ie out the top back in at the bottom, Anticlockwise If it went clockwise you would have cool water or cold water (when the stat first opens) going straight into a hot head so tony (and nev) are right it flows top to bottom, but as i said when the engines been funning for a while the temp must be pretty even throughout and the rad and pump just keep it from getting any hotter,

Comment

ian the pictures look great ,iam just about to place an order for a water and oil temp gauge and just wonder if you had any pictures in the day light so i can see what i need to order for mounting to the dash cheers if you can help

Comment

Originally posted by mud-ge
                    ian the pictures look great ,iam just about to place an order for a water and oil temp gauge and just wonder if you had any pictures in the day light so i can see what i need to order for mounting to the dash cheers if you can help
                    I can get a shot of the boost gauge tommrow if its any help, The gauges are
                    Ghost mirror, Have you got the link to GAUGEPLACE.COM, The guys name is Nick Gilchrist, Took this when i got em Ian
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi ian thanks for the quick reply,the ghost gauges from this seller on ebay are the ones that i will order ,its the mounting of them to the dash that is worring me i did not want the type of mount that looks like a piece of pipe mounted on the dash,so i am considering buying the pillar mount and adapting it to fit but your mounting points seem some what different and was just interested in seeing how you achieved this cheers again murray

Comment

It was rather drastic, I did away with the top centre air vents and that Cr@p drinks holder, Made a three hole plate and its fixed on with very small black screws, The lower two are where the ash tray used to be and made of grain effect abs plastic, gonna get one of these for the boost gauge on the pillar
                        from demon tweeks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

cheers again ian all is clear now mate ,never thought of that as an option

Comment

Working...
                          X