Actually feel green/silver now beginning to grow on me
        never mind!!!!!!!!!!!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          not the wizest thing to say when there is a para about
          Sorry mate

Even though my surf is maroon over grey, I still gotta say it.

Theres only 2 things that fall from the sky, paras and bird$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Go on, be a devil. They're all good. Have a look at the sale section.

You get a lot of motor for your money so I reckon just decide how much you want to spend and buy the best one you can.

If you can afford it, I suppose avoid the 2.4 unless it's got the modified head or you're the gambling sort. At least they keep long journeys interesting, wondering whether you're going to get there.....
            Er. Just a moment, dont be too quick to knock the 2.4s. I've done about30k miles in mine over the last 2 years and apart from getting to know every filling station in the country and building up a collection of credit cards second to none . She's been a wonderful beast and I dont know what I would do without her ( the truck that is, not the wife) Get wine over grey mate, pure class.

Happy hunting: Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
              Get wine over grey mate, pure class. Happy hunting:Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                Sorry mate

Even though my surf is maroon over grey, I still gotta say it.

Theres only 2 things that fall from the sky, paras and bird$$$$

what about rain ???
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Regardless they all look the same colour wiv mud on

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    what about rain ???
                    very good, I take it then you were never in the army!

Comment

Originally posted by sticks
                      very good, I take it then you were never in the army!

no way hosay !!!!!! did try to enlist once but the salvation army refused me ,lol
                      to be honest dont know why i never went into one of the forces, was at a naval training school for a couple of years,
                      ended up wasting a lot of time on building sites labouring
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                        what about rain ???
                        Now marron is a good colour. Its worth noting that bird$$$$ falls because the Para's bash it out of the birds and the Royal Marines, Who have green stuff on there heads $$$$ hats
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                          Now marron is a good colour. Its worth noting that bird$$$$ falls because the Para's bash it out of the birds and the Royal Marines, Who have green stuff on there heads $$$$ hats

Not coming from either background, but being related to several from one of them, I was going to make reference to C r a p hats , but I thought the censor would get it!! However - having served with both in another so called 'disciplined' service I was glad to have both on board.
                          but one does have to wonder,
                          1. the mental stabillity of someone who throws themselves out of a perfectly airworthy plane
                          2. the confused mind of someone who goes to sea, is neither a soldier or sailor, but learns to march and wears green/brown cami gear
                          3. what lies below the velcro hatch on the back of both's heads?????
                          Paras, Royals all great guys..........just dont get between them.......
                          or be their enemy
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

erm, getting back to the surf thing, if one of the criteria is miles on the clock down the motorway I'd forget it. I've driven maybe 12 brand new cars (several top of the range) in the last couple of months and I'm always glad to get back in the truck, but MPG is awful. If I do more than 150 miles on a trip (unless it's to get the truck dirty) I honestly hire a car because it's more economical ( I have a diesel Vectra SRI parked outside now for a trip to Liverpool tomorrow) Don't get me wrong I love it, but fuel economy is a nightmare when it's a daily driver. It's in good condition, fully serviced and got new head and I get 20 mpg. Mind you I do drive it like a GTI and I'll keep it forever!

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                              Not coming from either background, but being related to several from one of them, I was going to make reference to C r a p hats , but I thought the censor would get it!! However - having served with both in another so called 'disciplined' service I was glad to have both on board.
                              but one does have to wonder,
                              1. the mental stabillity of someone who throws themselves out of a perfectly airworthy plane
                              2. the confused mind of someone who goes to sea, is neither a soldier or sailor, but learns to march and wears green/brown cami gear
                              3. what lies below the velcro hatch on the back of both's heads?????
                              Paras, Royals all great guys..........just dont get between them.......
                              or be their enemy
                              That good coming from someone who used to run into buildings that all sane people are trying to leave
                              I Know i did it too
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

If you want to have looks, style and charisma then opt for the 3rd gen, if you don't then obviously a 2nd gen is for you, or you could get a manky hilux pickup and put a truckman top on it, they look fairly much the same.

Seriously, a lot of them knock the 3rd gens here but I got one and love the look of it. It looks like it was designed rather than the droppings from the parts dept. The only thing I would go for is the underslung spare rather than boot mounted but then I do a lot of towing and it is a pain cos you cant hitch up with it in position, if you leave it open to reverse up to the trailer then unless you are coming from dead ahead or the nearside you will hit the trailer with it.

Don't even think about fuel consumption, if the cost of fuel might be a worry to you then you are looking at the wrong car. You will get no better than 25-28mpg if you drive it normally (I have never bothered to measure mine as I really don't care, thats a guess). The trouble is that turbo whine is addictive and the 3rd gen is no slouch in the traffic light grand prix.
                                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                                X