Spring clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring clean

Decided that today was a good day to get stuck into sorting out the paintwork on my surf...

Started with a good wash and blade dry, got to work with the detailing. I first used 3m hand glaze to get rid of swirl marks and flatten the paintwork a little, next i used meguires deep polish over the whole car first then buffed it off with a clean cotton towel..Finally i used the Meguires NXT wax...Lots of rambling on about this until i tried it...boy its good...leaves a very deep shine on the paint...and glass...Finally i sprayed the tyres with auto glym trye dressing...

Altogether about 4 hours, and this is just the start...I will do this all over again during summer to deepen the shine..

A couple o tips if your inspired by my gloss finish...Only do it on a cloudy day, hot sunshine makes this a bugger to do...and remember to take off any watches or rings that may scratch the paintwork...Nothing better than a good hand job...those rotary polishers just dont tire your arms out quite as much ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by david306; 24 April 2006, 15:40.

Nice and shiny!!

I can lend you my truck to get a bit more experience, if you like??
    It just does, OK?

Comment

damn...its just started to rain..better get out and measure my water beads...se if they are smaller...

jokin !

Not !!

Comment

Whoop Whoop.....they'r defo smaller !!!!

Rain all you like now hahahahahahha....

Dont ya love Mondays !!!!

Comment

WOW that is clean, i will show my missus your truck and tell her thats how i want mine lol guess what will happen then???
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I bet the CAT did it
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

looks like i got competition for the "shiniest surf award" ha ha. looks well nice does that mate. gonna tackle my engine bay this weekend, needs blinging up a bit, dont know why all the peeps on here favour the muddy look, does nowt for me.
              keep on buffing.
              Ian

Comment

Nothing better than a good hand job...
                Could not agree more!!

Sorry to bring the level down.

Comment

I don't remember it being any higher!

Comment

Working...
                  X