KZN 185 veg oil test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN 185 veg oil test

finally decided to try veg oil in my motah. I hate the stink and won't bother again, this was just for experimentation.

30 litres of sainsburys in the tank and topped up to brim with diesel.

result = no change in power. still goes like the clappers Stinks though so I am back to pure derv as from next week.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    result = no change in power. still goes like the clappers Stinks though so I am back to pure derv as from next week.

Al.
    It ain't a BAD smell!!!!
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      It ain't a BAD smell!!!!

No, its just that it does smell, wheras as truk running on derv does not. Why is that? do they put stuff in diesel to make in unstinky??

I guess I could get used to the whiff if i tried.

Al.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        finally decided to try veg oil in my motah. I hate the stink and won't bother again, this was just for experimentation.

30 litres of sainsburys in the tank and topped up to brim with diesel.

Al.

hehehe!! thats what put me off using veg oil.

Comment

Smell just made me hungry, mmmmm... doughnuts. Also felt paranoid about blokes in hi-viz coats standing at the road side sniffing the air as I drove past! So it's back to derv. Unless.... Mr Brown decides to put his money where his mouth is and back greener alternitave fuel and get rid of duty on veg oil. Lets face it , it must cost more to collect than theydo collect in duty.
          Till then; Come the revolution brother: Spoggle

Comment

flippin' 'eck...tell you what, you wouldn't notice the smell around here!!! whenever i go wondering to yorkshire for my ebay buys, i hate the smell when i get closer to home it is SO noticeable, even worse when you drive up from south france and as you get further north i'm convinced there's something wrong with the motor i'm in.
            first time this happened we'd moved a house worth of furniture out to mates in Limoges and on drive back to Le Harve stopped 3 times convinced the lorry was burning somewhere it shouldnt..and then we got back to portsmouth....geeewhizzz.
            anyway...err...veg oil, i like it alot.
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
              Smell just made me hungry, mmmmm... doughnuts. Also felt paranoid about blokes in hi-viz coats standing at the road side sniffing the air as I drove past! So it's back to derv. Unless.... Mr Brown decides to put his money where his mouth is and back greener alternitave fuel and get rid of duty on veg oil. Lets face it , it must cost more to collect than theydo collect in duty.
              Till then; Come the revolution brother: Spoggle
              it would do if c+e done the job themselves, but it seems to be the guys who use the stuff doing all the work, chasing after forms and what not.

whats the punishment if you get caught using it and not paying excise....not that i do or anything...
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Something like £500 for first offence, vehicle impounded there after.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  flippin' 'eck...tell you what, you wouldn't notice the smell around here!!! whenever i go wondering to yorkshire for my ebay buys, i hate the smell when i get closer to home it is SO noticeable, even worse when you drive up from south france and as you get further north i'm convinced there's something wrong with the motor i'm in.
                  first time this happened we'd moved a house worth of furniture out to mates in Limoges and on drive back to Le Harve stopped 3 times convinced the lorry was burning somewhere it shouldnt..and then we got back to portsmouth....geeewhizzz.

Eeee by gum! I'm reet please th'a told mee that tha norrs.

Fancy us yorkies being scared of a bit of a pong.

Strange the continentals use veg though! I thought derv was cheap over there?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79

Once you get north of Watford it all changes mate. It's called FRESH AIR. Alas it makes the use or renewable fuel more noticable to the twitching noses of the exise men.

Spoggle.

Comment

Working...
                    X