startin motor and gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• startin motor and gearbox

hi all again ty 4 the help on my startin motor but the parts numbers I've recieved ar 4 a 96 model which is a 3rd gen and mine is a 2nd gen are the the same parts needed. Also im thinking of replacing the oil in my gearbox its a 3lt auto i found the drain screw but how do i refill it again after and whats the best oil to use ty 4 your help again
    Davey boy.

can only help with the refill box part
    you fill it via the g/box dipstick tube, messy job, good luck,its a bit hit and miss
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Plus transmission fluid comes in bottles with a pull-out tube to make re-filling easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Plus transmission fluid comes in bottles with a pull-out tube to make re-filling easier.
        as usual i'm the cheap skate who had to do a bogdge job with hose pipe and funel as i was using a commercial premises and the fluid was in a 25 lt drum no handy 1 ltr bottles to be got, needless to say i was leaving dextron oil every where i parked for days after.
        d-oh
        john

Comment

I think you know whats coming next John. .............................. .
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a sort of heath robinson job ....length of 15mm copper pipe with funnel taped on top works a treat......

Comment

funnel and coolant hose works perfectly cos it fits night and tight on the top of the dipstick tube.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                I think you know whats coming next John. .............................. .
                i see you are slowly getting the picture, up here in the waste lands of the north i is not the brightistz butun in the bocks

Comment

look under the sticky thread...should get part numbers on there or do a search for fieldsy and starter
                  Gaz

Comment

Working...
                  X