X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm....... is this April 1st ?

Seen this ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Seen this???

http://www.cumminsracing.com/

Comment

or this???

http://www.alternativefuels.com.au/jetcar.htm

Comment

You've heard of a JCB GT haven't you?
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          stomach is killing me imagining the poor ganger running behind backfilling......

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
            stomach is killing me imagining the poor ganger running behind backfilling......
            I'm imagining a different scene,

there's a big motorway with traffic zooming along (yeah I know it's unlikely), and there's a BMW doing 90 in the BMW lane (Outside) being flashed to move over by a JCB

Hmmmmmm - would love to be a fly on the wall if a copper saw it speeding

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Bikenuts
              <Quote>
              "I use biodiesel in my jet car because I have a personal interest in doing the right thing for our state and for our country in promoting farm grown fuels," Smith said. "I'm a consultant in the petroleum industry, and I know firsthand that it is time to cut our reliance on foreign petroleum while creating jobs here, and that's something we can do with biodiesel."
              </Quote>

Haven't the governmental lobbyists heard of this... I thought that farming in this country carried a certain amount of influence in central government... Why haven't they jumped on this bandwagon...?

Comment

I don't remember where I read it or which car manufacturer it is but there is going to be a diesel powered sports car in this years Le Mans 24 Hour race.

Conspiracy theory (mine): The government/HMC&E don't want us to make our own bio diesel because they have been secretly gearing up to produce it in the UK and are about to swing into production, hence the 47p/L duty on SVO............me paranoid? Nah!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

hope they do coz you lot could stop paying duty on your svo and still get cheaper fuel, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference, unless they colour it or something.
                  Last edited by logey79; 21 April 2006, 00:15. Reason: coz i is a div, innit
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

how about some STEAM power??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4076811.stm
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

here's the JCB "Dieselmax"
                      http://www.crash.net/picture_view~ci...ing~~pid~1.htm
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        <Quote>
                        "I use biodiesel in my jet car because I have a personal interest in doing the right thing for our state and for our country in promoting farm grown fuels," Smith said. "I'm a consultant in the petroleum industry, and I know firsthand that it is time to cut our reliance on foreign petroleum while creating jobs here, and that's something we can do with biodiesel."
                        </Quote>

Haven't the governmental lobbyists heard of this... I thought that farming in this country carried a certain amount of influence in central government... Why haven't they jumped on this bandwagon...?
                        Bio diesel is becoming a big patriotic and anti-dependency thing in the states, this has good and bad sides; good side is grow our own no need to go to war feed our farmers etc, bad is grow our own and stuff (or worse) the middle east. The biggest pressure group are corn (maze) growers they are always looking for new markets as prices are currently rock bottom, in this county oil seed rape is a good alternative as it gives higher yields per acre and useful by products. So come on British farmers start hassling the government – before the rest of europe gets the drop on you.

Comment

I was wondering if it is April 1st today. I have just heard a politician talking sense. David (call me Dave) Cameron was speaking from Norway, where he has said that he will sc-rap the industrial fuel levy, as it stands, because it hits everybody including those using green fuels. He said that he would like to reduce duty on greener fuels and balance this by increasing duty on fossel fuels. He said he would like to see the tax on carbon neutral fuels sc-rapped.

The next item (off topic) was a RC Cardinal advocating lifting the ban on married Roman Catholics using condoms to help to combat aids.

I think I need a lie down now. That is far too much common sense for one day!
                          Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 21 April 2006, 13:26.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Steam powered supercar eh?

What's the going rate for duty on wood and coal used for road transport?
                            If I can convert the Surf to run on veg oil, how about wood?

Comment

impressively, Audi won a 12 hour GT race the other week with the first ever diesel powered GT car...
                              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                              X