Speed Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Gun

I was recently driving along a road which is 50 mph and i was doning around 55-60mph There was a policeman in a car with a Long looking grey speed gun, As i passed him he looked right at me and give me a dirty look. I went where i was going and around 10 mins later i passed where he was, and he was gone.

Do you think if i was getting done he would have come after me, there was no other cars behind me so he could off easily followed me. Or will he send somthing through the post???

Whats your experieces??

Thanks

You will get a letter in the post, but you can contest it because hand held cameras are not accurate.

Comment

I may have been just a speed survey for that road. Then again, have your license ready for posting.

Comment

May have been just checking your details using your number plate.
        You know like MOT insurance etc
        Stella Artois

Comment

if he would have cought you speeding he would have pulled you over.they cant do it by post as there is no photo evidence to back up the hand held radar gun they need to issue a ticket at the road side
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

yes i was pulled up when i had 3 points on a gun about 4-5 years ago. it could have been checking for tax or you might not have been speeding...
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

you will be ok they have to stop you at the road side with a mobile gun. plus you were poss still in the legal limit anyway 50mph limit you will get away with 57mph assuming that your clock is right....
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I have just got a notice through the post for doing 37 in a 30 but I can not recall going down that road they have quoted, I know it is no excuse but this is a wide road with Treeson both sides, and what I consider to be a country road. Alegedly it was a mobile unit.

I told my Dad that I have received the notice, then he told me that one of the buses came in to the bus depot where he works, with a steel pole thrown through the side window that went right through and smashed the window on the other side! Luckily there were no passangers on board. The Driver reported it to the Police, and told them "the culprets are still there, if you go now you will catch them". The Police said we have not got the time! So nothing was done!
                Half an hour later another bus came into the depo with another smashed window, that Driver said it was in the same place as the firs Driver. If they had gone in the first place the second bus would not have been damaged!

But they can sit around on thier A$$es for hours, on roads they know should have a higher speed limit, waiting for someone to be a right villan and go slightly over the speed limit!

This is my third time now in just over two years, once doing 46 in a 40 again doing 47 in a 40 and this time doing 37 in a 30 not that I have been shown any proof, and by the way the first and second time was on a Duel Caragway that is not a built up area, it has steep grass enbankments with very good visability it usedto be a national speed limit "70".

Thats a average 20MPH, not much considering it is over 3 offence's

The funnything is you come out of a 30 onto an island that is a national speed limit then onto the Duel Caragway that is 50 then it drops to a 40, where i got done!

So you can go 60MPH around the Island but only go 50mph on the Duel Caragway!!

And no I still don't feel better after my moan?
                I like Orientals

Comment

If it was a hand held gun, then forget it. They have to physically pull you over to give you a ticket. Also, the general rule is SPEED LIMIT + 5MPH + 2MPG = 57MPH.

I was driving up the A34 going home from work last year, past the Ridgeway turn off heading North. I was doing 90MPH (in a car I had at the time), the limit is 70MPH. I saw the Police car, so turned round at the next turn off, drove to the Southbound Ridgeway slip and then down the North on slip to see what they were doing. They had a hand held speed gun. God knows why I didn't get pulled doing 90, obviously wasn't fast enough for them. I didn't hear a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    If it was a hand held gun, then forget it. They have to physically pull you over to give you a ticket. Also, the general rule is SPEED LIMIT + 5MPH + 2MPG = 57MPH.

I was driving up the A34 going home from work last year, past the Ridgeway turn off heading North. I was doing 90MPH (in a car I had at the time), the limit is 70MPH. I saw the Police car, so turned round at the next turn off, drove to the Southbound Ridgeway slip and then down the North on slip to see what they were doing. They had a hand held speed gun. God knows why I didn't get pulled doing 90, obviously wasn't fast enough for them. I didn't hear a thing.
                    thats right the m.o.t require a minimum of 2mph plus 10% of the allowed road speed but some countys have 4 mph plus 10%...
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

As i passed him he looked right at me and give me a dirty look.

Forget it mate. If he had you in his sights and a speeding ticket on its way he would have been grinning not shooting a dirty look.

Dirty look was because you were speeding and he had not got a laser fix on you.
                      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2

Were you using that stealth paint again?

Comment

if it's the hand held speed detector gun then they'll pull you over, but if it's the "mini gatso" type (like a grey box that they look through) then that records the info for later prosecution.
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thats a general rule except in North Wales where Mr Brunstroms 'piggy banks' can do pretty much what they like.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Were you using that stealth paint again?

Funny that Vince, the car was also green. Must have had Peugeot laser reflective paint!!

Comment

Working...
                              X