• Show
Clear All

• CB Mounting

Anyone got an suggestions on how\where to mount a Cb in a 92 SSRG
    And no rude sexual mounting jokes either,lol
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Most people use a mirror mount on the rear spare. Mine is an underslung spare so I couldn't do that. The first mount I had was a boot mount fitted on the bonnet, but I have just changed to a large mirror mount on the front "A" bar. The other option I was considering was an angled body mount on the front bumper.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Sorrie wasnt that clear, im on about the radio itself.
      ive got a magnetic antenna mount
      Cheers
      Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Ours lives here..............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Mins Located in the slot under the cd player, it has a flap that covers it. Had to chop a bit of it away at the back but that was not a problem. The arial is mounted on the rear wheel carrier, does any one know how to get the swr down at the moment it sits at 2 cant seem to get it any lower.
          Last edited by charvell; 20 April 2006, 08:27.
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
            Mins Located in the slot under the cd player, it has a flap that covers it. Had to chop a bit of it away at the back but that was not a problem. The arial is mounted on the rear wheel carrier, does any one know how to get the swr down at the moment it sits at 2 cant seem to get it any lower.
            Any aerial needs a good earth between the mount and the body work (except for magnetic mounts which rely on capacitive coupling to the bodywork).

If you have a multimeter, switch to Ohms range and check the resistance between a nice shiny bit on the wheel carrier and a shiny nut on the bodywork (the ones that hold the tailgate trim in place). Also check that the mirror mount is earthed to the spare wheel carrier. You should read less than 0.5 Ohms. If the resistance is higher, a short earth strap between the mirror mount and an earth point on the bodywork should sort it out.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Any aerial needs a good earth between the mount and the body work (except for magnetic mounts which rely on capacitive coupling to the bodywork).

If you have a multimeter, switch to Ohms range and check the resistance between a nice shiny bit on the wheel carrier and a shiny nut on the bodywork (the ones that hold the tailgate trim in place). Also check that the mirror mount is earthed to the spare wheel carrier. You should read less than 0.5 Ohms. If the resistance is higher, a short earth strap between the mirror mount and an earth point on the bodywork should sort it out.
              Thanks mate I will give this a try when the old women gets in with it
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
                Sorrie wasnt that clear, im on about the radio itself.
                ive got a magnetic antenna mount
                why dont you take out the cassette box under the radio scotty and slot it in there
                SPOOKY
                now how did i know you had one of those in your truck
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Ours lives here..............

AHH thats where my "KENWOOD" went.
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    why dont you take out the cassette box under the radio scotty and slot it in there
                    Wot , next to your old 78's rack .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

How about overhead on the headlining like bushwackers radio, That looks good, Wouldnt mind another cb meself comeback.
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                        AHH thats where my "KENWOOD" went.

Comment

Question for those who mounted the antenna on the rear wheel carrier, how did you route the coax through the rear door?
                          I've mounted the antenna OK but i'm worried about trapping the coax in the door and spoiling the great job i've done.
                          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                            Question for those who mounted the antenna on the rear wheel carrier, how did you route the coax through the rear door?
                            I've mounted the antenna OK but i'm worried about trapping the coax in the door and spoiling the great job i've done.
                            Out through the top of the light cluster
                            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                              I took one of the bolts out from the top mount of the spare frame, and ran the wire through the hole with a blob of silicone round it.

Comment

Working...
                              X