my pipe's fell off!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pipe's fell off!!

Just been polishing all the winter grime off the truck - and noticed the tail pipe was swinging. got under and found rear section had sheared / rusted through at flange. closer inspection shows rear section is also perforated.
    I think i already know the answer - but do you think this is a good indication that the whole exhaust is shot?
    Can anyone recommend a supplier. looked at milners and roughtrax and noticed a vast price diffrence!
    I will have to get is sorted soon - although i like the new beefier sound!!!
    any advice?
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Get a custom stainless one made up- nearly as cheap if not cheaper than a pucker mild steel one these days. Might last a bit longer too and less likely to be ripped off when offroading!

Change this:
    (note on this photo the exhaust has ALREADY been concertinaed 3" forwards!)

For this!!!
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 18 April 2006, 23:05.

Comment

I want that one!
      If you don't mind my asking - how much and where from
      looks very nice
      Also noticed your tow drop bracket - did you make it? what do you tow
      only since raising my truck - i've started dragging the ar$e end of my caravan.

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
        I want that one!
        If you don't mind my asking - how much and where from
        looks very nice
        Also noticed your tow drop bracket - did you make it? what do you tow
        only since raising my truck - i've started dragging the ar$e end of my caravan.
        The entire custom stainless exhaust was fitted by my local Powerflow franchise for £289. I told them to move the exhaust further away from the spare tyre (so I could get a 33" tyre up in there without it burning!) and exit sensibly by the rear wheel.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlocator.cfm

Add up the entire Roughtrax mild steel exhaust system and you get £493 + postage. Then you still have fit the $$$$$$ thing yourself. It will rust and it will still catch the ground when you reverse out of holes (or the car will land on it when you drive into a hole). No brainer really.....

The Surf's rear overhang is one of it's weak points giving it an exhaust crunchingly poor departure angle.

However- raise the suspension and body a bit, move the exhaust out the way and things are improved.

As for the towing drop plates, it's just two 6" drop plates bolted together.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Drop-plate-4-C...QQcmdZViewItem

After lifting the Surf is rather high and my boat trailer is rather low. Not sure about the legality of TWO drop plates though?
        Last edited by laser_jock99; 18 April 2006, 22:58.

Comment

i got mine from longlife exhausts in leeds for £299

nearest powerflow dealer was tyrespot who gave me a quote of £475 !!!

and they say things are cheaper up north

Comment

Originally posted by parn
            i got mine from longlife exhausts in leeds for £299

nearest powerflow dealer was tyrespot who gave me a quote of £475 !!!

and they say things are cheaper up north
            there is a place near you on scotswood road called AAS - ever heard of them? apparently good and cheap

Comment

Working...
            X