Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer problem please help if you can

Hi,
    Today I flew a model plane with a digital camera on the wing. The model crashed very badly and the plane was destroyed due to a problem with the wing dymanics being messed up MY FAULT AND VERY COSTLY: . I estimate the camera a pentax 4 MP optical zoom digital hit the ground at about 80MPH and it is in the same condition as the aircraft. SD card is fine!

Problem is the folder that contains the video is corrupt as the recording ended abruptly at the same time the camera ceased to be a camera. The properties on the folder say 0 file size. I know the video is on the sd card as the flight was 33 seconds.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can recover this please. I really want to get this video back if there is any way that this can be done. Come on you boffins..........help please

Al
    I used to have a surf me!

I think '0 file size' means empty file, well it does on my camera anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I think '0 file size' means empty file, well it does on my camera anyway.
      Thanx vince, I think that it says 0 because the recording was never ended by the camera. When the camera expired power was simply removed from the SD card so the camera software won't have ended the recording properly. the actual data MUST be on there but just not recognisable.

Comment

Hmmm. I think you need a boffin!

Comment

do you have a card reader on your PC?

i know what you mean about the data 'being there' but I dont think its that simple with flash memory....

if a hard-disk fails in the same sort of manner you're right, the information is usually there. the TOC (table of contents) is written at the end of the data-writing procedure and if the procedure is cut short or interupted the data itself might be written, but the TOC isn't. it's like ripping out the index of a book... all of the words in the book might well be there but you wont know where to find them.

flash memory is a little different though and an error when writing usually means that the data isn't recoverable, it is simply gone, or was never there in the first place.

sad to say but i think the planes crash is lost forever...
          I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Hi look for a programme called photorec.exe this recovers corrupt / deleted files should do the trick . All best John

Comment

[QUOTE=mooter]do you have a card reader on your PC?

i know what you mean about the data 'being there' but I dont think its that simple with flash memory....

if a hard-disk fails in the same sort of manner you're right, the information is usually there. the TOC (table of contents) is written at the end of the data-writing procedure and if the procedure is cut short or interupted the data itself might be written, but the TOC isn't. it's like ripping out the index of a book... all of the words in the book might well be there but you wont know where to find them.

flash memory is a little different though and an error when writing usually means that the data isn't recoverable, it is simply gone, or was never there in the first place.

Hi, thank you for your input. Yes I have a card reader which tells me the same as another camera, corrupt folder. Been speaking to a company in Glasgow Pyramid imaging that claim they can salvage an SD card. Anyone had any dealings or used an outfit that has recovered data from memory cards that claim to be empty?

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                Hi look for a programme called photorec.exe this recovers corrupt / deleted files should do the trick . All best John

Thanx
                will do that right now

Al

Comment

Do try the software first as this wont cost you to try (photorec.exe)

Comment

The link is http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/downloads.htm

Comment

Originally posted by John McC

Hi, Thanx John. Just downloaded this, it looks great but is for Photo's only. It won't do video. Jpeg and Jif only.

Thanx for your help though mate

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                        Hi, Thanx John. Just downloaded this, it looks great but is for Photo's only. It won't do video. Jpeg and Jif only.

Thanx for your help though mate

Any other help greatly appreciated

Al

Comment

Ok there are other prog's about that will do all files do a search on SD Tool's I'll keep looking after dinner and see what I can find....

Comment

Ok try this one its shareware but if it works will be worth the price I guess
                            Digital MediaRescue Professional and you can find it at
                            http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/d...ional_12422_p/
                            All best John

Comment

Working...
                            X