OMG the beast has sprung a leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG the beast has sprung a leak

Ok guys get ready for a few questions, cars going to see the doctor on tuesday as its has developed a leak it aint engine oil its a clear yellowie sort of stuff so i know it aint water too looks like it coming from a unit behind the timing belt, i aint a clue so once we or should i say the machanic has found where its comming from i will be posting a pic to find out what it is and more importantly how much will it cost , mabe dont sound it but im bricking it thinking its gunna skin me big time......
    if a politition is talking its lying

Clear yellowy? Sounds like brake fluid.

Comment

thats what i first thought but how is it leaking from behind the timing belt i dont honestly have a clue!!!!

Comment

Have you smelled it? could be diesel dribbling down from the injector pipes?

Comment

hit some with a 4 lb hammer , if it ignites , its diesel

Comment

Power steering fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
              Power steering fluid?
              That was my first thought. Is your steering becoming notchy?
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hiys yes i think it could be power steering fluid, deffo not diesel, just had a look on milners for the power steering box not too bad on the piggy bank, but i just hope its a loose bolt or at worst a new gasket, i dunno but it does look a bugger to get to, anyone had any previous on this job????, and the steering is ok just yet its not a massive leak at the moment just leaves a stain about 6inch round but it certainly int gunna get any better so cut it off at the pass i say...

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                  Hiys yes i think it could be power steering fluid, deffo not diesel, just had a look on milners for the power steering box not too bad on the piggy bank, but i just hope its a loose bolt or at worst a new gasket, i dunno but it does look a bugger to get to, anyone had any previous on this job????, and the steering is ok just yet its not a massive leak at the moment just leaves a stain about 6inch round but it certainly int gunna get any better so cut it off at the pass i say...
                  check if it's the same stuff as in your power steering reservoir... cos it's usually red.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I reckon it's the fuel pump seal leaking.

Comment

ok guys update on the leak the doctor has looked at the beast and if right it isnt looking too bad he says the steering damper is kaputt, its dropped all its fluid, hes had a look at the power steering pump and says it is weeping a bit but its nothing to get out of bed about. and its a biggy job to do apparently
                      so my next question isssssssss is the steering damper the thing under the truck that looks like a long shock absorber, if so i can go ahead and order one from milners, thanks peeps your great help all of you.

Comment

Yep!

Comment

thanks vince, i had to ask as i called the mechanic to see what was wrong and hes dropped the car off for me so he didnt actually point to it and say its that thats buggered so i can go off now and get one ordered yippe hope this sorts it out.....

Comment

Working...
                          X