tie/track rod end boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tie/track rod end boots

is it possible to buy just the boots for track rod ends, as one of mine has hole. ?

it was new 2 years ago from milners.
    not sure if it was damaged by toyota when they did steering relay rod recall, but dont think so as i remember checking them for damage after it was in the garage. so poss offroading damage from last weekend.

or does anyone have an undamaged boot they can give me for a pint!, off a worn out track rod end

cheers
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

If it's only a small hole or split, try cleaning around the hole and glue it with Superglue. Worked for me on a Fiesta I sold last year (not sure if it got through the MOT though but definitely kept the dirt out).
    Mike G

Comment

cheers tallyman - went and tried that, but split to big.

discovered the cause of the damage - the HD procomp steering shock has been rubbing agasint the boot.
      only just happened since i cranked the torsion bars around 1" and went offroading. so will be putting the old steering damper back on... when i repalce the tie rod boots - might just buy a new tierod end and take the boot off that, as dont want to fit new one and pay for tracking alignment again
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
      X