Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent days off roading.

Argyll Forest Drive.

Had a great day today out playing in my Surf.

First time off road and what a machine

Started on Forestry road then onto miles of what can only be described as Mud tracks with,steep hills, deep ruts the lot. Through a Quarry with a swimming pool. Didn't get much chance for photos though as we were pushing on. Only Surf there and the organisers were impressed with the capabilities of my Surf considering it was standard apart from a set of Colway 31" A/T's.

Great day was had by all
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

SOUNDS LIKE GREAT DAY OUT
    but you Gotta stop for pics next time mate
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
      Argyll Forest Drive.

Had a great day today out playing in my Surf.

First time off road and what a machine

Started on Forestry road then onto miles of what can only be described as Mud tracks with,steep hills, deep ruts the lot. Through a Quarry with a swimming pool. Didn't get much chance for photos though as we were pushing on. Only Surf there and the organisers were impressed with the capabilities of my Surf considering it was standard apart from a set of Colway 31" A/T's.

Great day was had by all

No overheat/coolant loss problems then?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        No overheat/coolant loss problems then?

No,thankfully!!!

Topped it up last night and ran with heaters in cap off etc. Not even any sign of fan coming on today and the engine was never off. just checkin what pictures i managed to take will post in a min.

Cheers

Comment

Some pics of the Surf and countryside,nice wee Suzuki there as well it was more than capable.
          Also a brand new Landcruiser SWB with Snorkel,winch with huge bumber and set of M/T BFG's.Shame it got wrecked and went home on a trailer!!!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool! Betcha can't wait to do it all again huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Cool! Betcha can't wait to do it all again huh?
              Next ones in June so i'll hopefully have done some mods to my Surf by then.............Now,where to start???????

Comment

Nice piccies and some good scenery,However mrs sumo took one look at them and said in that all knowing womanly way...
                THATS NOT OFFROADING THATS JUST GREEN LANING.

Sorry dude but she made me do it.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Pictures don't do the trail justice. Wish i had chance to take more. When we started along the forestry road i was thinkin that it was ok untill the guide in front indicated and i couldn't see any sign of a road. then the panic started!!! We were flattening small trees that were in the way,ruts that you could get lost in. Mud everywhere on some sections. Quarry's to swim in. Axle twisters the lot. Suffered some minor scratches on both sides due to the trees but thats what a 4x4's all about i guess. Not any damage underneath considering what it went through,the Surf coped well.

Motors gettin stuck everwhere and poor Landcruiser on its side at one point.

If thats not off roading i dont know what is!!!

I'll get more pics in June when i return. Shame it was mostly Landrovers.
                  Last edited by smiffy; 17 April 2006, 13:40.

Comment

bl,oody land rovers get every where and there drivers all have the same bad attitude towards anything not landy based,
                    john
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                      bl,oody land rovers get every where and there drivers all have the same bad attitude towards anything not landy based,
                      john

Have to admit the guy leading us couldn't do enough to help,getting out and guiding us past the really bad bits,and pulling me out since i got grounded twice cos the depth of the ruts.

There was people in the other group that didn't look to amused that i'd dared turn up in my Surf and were expecting me to be takin it home in a few plastic bags. But i made it in one piece and done better than others damage wise.

Comment

Working...
                      X