No announcement yet.

New style MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This 45 mins time slot is only an average time. There is no real set time as some vehicals will run through test all being spot on quite quickly and some the tester will take more time and double check. also the speed of the tester is a factor.
    If they tried to log off a test and only 10 or 15mins had gone by it would ring alarm bells at vosa. if they took 2hrs it would ring the same bells.
    the more faults they find also means more writing down of faults and more inputting into the pc.
    eg in class 1 & 2 (scooters & bikes) a scooter if all good could only take 10 mins. if a scooter fails on a number of things it could take up 2 45mins. yet for classes 1&2 the average time is about 30mins.
    currently most testers know the fault (if found) as in the old test proceduer but they have to find it in the lists on the pc. The fault may be the same but vosa have changed the phrasing of alot of stuff so as a tester u have to look harder for it ...it all takes time. the old way u would just write it down.
    once all the old time testers get used to the new phrasings the things will speed up.
    eg the old way you could advise that a vehicals brakes were binding slightly therefore needing attention soon... now they either r or they're not so if its binding even slightly according to the book it fails.
    It will speed up as testers get more used to the new system and forget their old ways....old dog new tricks.
    As for the smart cards failing or any pc system failure, as gizmo mentioned, there is an emergency fall back. the tester rings up vosa to log on the test and then ring up with the results. vosa then enter the results at their end (yes they sometimes have to work) and give a validation code for the test. this is then manually writen out by the test station and an emergancy certificate is issued (if a pass) the is as good as the printed versions but if requested can be made into a printed vertion when the test station has the pc based system up and running again.
    Last edited by Grimreeper; 15 April 2006, 01:22.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

my mk1 trooper passed the new mot
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Very interesting case in Warrington paper last week. Bloke bought a Surf from local dealer, sadly he crashed and was killed. Inquest said dealer should probably have spotted faulty/loose (some sort of bolt I cant remember) but didnt fine them or anything. Instead the garage who issued the MOT has lost its MOT licence or what ever it gets to allow it to MOT. So I am always amused when i read of blokes just issueing the MOT without 'offically' doing the full test as ther are huge risks/implications.

i think the issue with lack of info at VOSA on imported Surfs depends on what we all put on our SVA form. Mine only had t limited info based mainly on what I could get from this site so I guess when reg no is input the only info they get back is what I was able to tell them.

Comment

Working...
        X