yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

potentially evil overheating problem sorted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potentially evil overheating problem sorted...

today, my first real day out in my newly acquired 2.4, the temperature sender was all over the place

once moment, it was touching the red, with cool air coming from the heaters, then it would inch down into the black and then piping hot air would stem forth

so it went, we were out in the sticks, i was pulling over and keeping fans on full to try and keep the temperature down...we got to a garage, and i popped the bonnet, and loosened the radiator cap using a thick cloth. i allowed the steam and hot water to subside gently from under the cap

i was sure that the head was cooked after all that, and accepted my fate. we called the AA, expecting a tow back to a garage. when the guy came, he checked the pressure of the cooling system, and we could find no evidence of extra pressure being blown out from the engine into the waterways

then checked the rad cap pressure - it was knackered. new rad cap, £6.69 and now the temp sender sits under the halfway and the heaters work properly. didnt know how important rad caps are, as he explained to me and i'm sure all you guys know it has to hold pressure but let a little bit out

anyway, didnt kitesurf today, spent the whole day tinkering and messing about with the hi lux. wind was epic, waves big, a really good session slipped by never to have again, because of the car...

...but somehow, i just don't seem to mind!
    problems? i'll take 'em.

Get yourself a new thermostat too, always a good idea when it comes to keeping 2.4 engine temperatures in check.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Get yourself a new thermostat too, always a good idea when it comes to keeping 2.4 engine temperatures in check.
      thanks for the tip off - will get onto the garage first thing in the morning. should have it by the arvo, will put the 2.4 in for a coolant flush too. the previous owner was running some oxtail soup in there i think
      problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

If you have have a rear heater in your truck, make sure it's set to hot when the coolant flush is done to prevent airlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          If you have have a rear heater in your truck, make sure it's set to hot when the coolant flush is done to prevent airlocks.
          awesome - thanks for that bushwacker - i have a rear heater in the truck, just assumed it was an airvent thing like i had on a mitsubishi once - glad you told me otherwise

think i may do a bit of exploring tomoz after the kitesurf and coolant flush...see what she looks like with a bit of grime on her!
          problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Good luck with the Mud. I took mine off road last weekend 3.0ltr ssrx 1996 it was wicked.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
            X