Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beach party

just putting the feelers out at the mo
    is anyone interested in a beach party at black rock sands in porthmadog sometime during the summer,

driving on the beach is allowed-aprox 4 miles of it

camp site on edge of beach

stunning scenary

reply to Mat Coventry as he knows the camp owners and the area very well (hope mat doesnt mind as ive not spoken to him for a while)

john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Used to live just down the road from there in Harlech. I seem to remember that whilst you can drive *onto* the beach at Black Rock (just through Borth y Gest), and in theory at least, drive up and down on the beach, the 'drive up and down' bit was always frowned upon by the locals, and it was frequently the subject in the local paper, the Cambrian News with stories like 'Idiot Boy Racers Put Lives at Risk'.

Not wanting to rain on any parades, but I doubt we'd make many friends, or change minds in the 'anti 4x4' camps if we tore about on what is after all a completely flat and uninteresting (from a 4x4 challenging point of view) public beach.

A 'wagon circle', a camp fire, barbie and plenty of beer would get my vote though!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

yeah id drop in 4 the weekend , aslong as some1 can give me enough notice to book it off wrk , where is it exactly?
      Cheers
      Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Used to live just down the road from there in Harlech. I seem to remember that whilst you can drive *onto* the beach at Black Rock (just through Borth y Gest), and in theory at least, drive up and down on the beach, the 'drive up and down' bit was always frowned upon by the locals, and it was frequently the subject in the local paper, the Cambrian News with stories like 'Idiot Boy Racers Put Lives at Risk'.

Not wanting to rain on any parades, but I doubt we'd make many friends, or change minds in the 'anti 4x4' camps if we tore about on what is after all a completely flat and uninteresting (from a 4x4 challenging point of view) public beach.

A 'wagon circle', a camp fire, barbie and plenty of beer would get my vote though!
        sorry i put it across wrong i was meaning along the lines of a $$$$ up/barbie as far as beack driving if you ask mat its called surf rescue its where we recover the local chaves from the incoming sea, entertaing and profitable at times
        john

Comment

I've heard of a Disco getting stranded down there, not just chavs in plebbed up Novas! There used to be some pretty soft sand down there, similar to Harlech point where I very nearly came to grief once. Brown trouser moment I tell you!

For those wanting to know where it is, see the Lleyn Peninsular (the North Wales Peninsula), well come in on the Southern coast of that until the coast sweeps South, and Porthmadog is in that corner, about 20 miles north of Barmouth. Nice spot.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Heres some pics. Its a big BEACH but they charge to get on it.
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
              yeah id drop in 4 the weekend , aslong as some1 can give me enough notice to book it off wrk , where is it exactly?
              scott as you look at a map of uk
              its the bit on the left called WALES mate
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

ooooo that little sticky out part? so thats wales................learn something new each day. Some of us have only been driving 3yrs not 30yrs like others
                Cheers
                Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Heres some pics. Its a big BEACH but they charge to get on it.
                  charging to go on the beach, i'm not sure never been charged but i have never been during the holiday season,

as for where is it come out of stoke heading north up D500 then turn left and keep going in a west direction for about 1 1/2 hours and when you notice water under your wheels you will be there................

Comment

20 mins away and you can have ago at this little green lane and see if you make a better job of it than we did .lol.
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21522
                    john

Comment

Don't drive through the peat bog..............too late!! D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Don't drive through the peat bog..............too late!! D'oh!
                        wot bog......................D'oh

those nice unblemished std alloys that i was proud of are now well trashed, all scrathed and now the lacquer is peeling, serves me right as i never got round to shodding my steel rims
                        john

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. I pass there on my way to see my mother-in-law in Mynytho!
                          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

We visit caernarfon every couple of months if timing is right I'd be up for it....

Comment

Strewth! Haven't been to Black Rock for years.

I would say "Definitely be up for that", but timing is everything, so a qualified "Yes" to be confirmed nearer the time.

It would be nice to take the Surf back "home" as I think the first time I ever drove a car was on that beach.

Comment

Working...
                              X