List of green lanes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of green lanes?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a list of green lanes in northants and surrounding counties?
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Your best bet is to get 2 things:

1) A set of landranger maps for the area (or the equivalent sat nav maps (Memory Map or fugawi))

2) The phone number for the Northants ROW office

The tip is to find what you can drive along from the maps then check them with the ROW office to make sure that they are still open.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
      Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a list of green lanes in northants and surrounding counties?
      Northants County Council are about the most anti 4x4 council in the country. You'll be lucky to find any lanes that aren't TRO'd (Temporary Restriction Order) at this time of year. I'm sure they'll also be the most active council in restricting vehicle access even more once the NERC Bill kicks in later this year- mark my words! We think there are few of the 'Bobbly Hat Brigade' in charge at NCC.

I've ventured 'over the border' into Northants on a few ocassions and found various lane closures in place. Plus signs to threaten closure on the open lanes!

There is an active Northants laning group here on this forum:

http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=21801

It really would be worth tagging along for the ride in May when some of the TRO's are lifted for summer. There's less possibilty of things going wrong if you're in a small convoy.

Comment

You could always join www.crag-uk.org and use wayfinder which will give you not only local lanes but nationwide as well!
        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

If you get anquet, or other OS style mapping software, you can download the routes from Wayfinder, load onto your map and print relevant sections off. Works a treat and handy when you travel...

Comment

Originally posted by frog-n-flymo
            If you get anquet, or other OS style mapping software, you can download the routes from Wayfinder, load onto your map and print relevant sections off. Works a treat and handy when you travel...

Huh!?!?!? Eh?????

Comment

Roughly translated it means:

IF you have a PDA based Sat Nav you can get Ordanance Survey maps for it and download routes.

You can then either print them off or tell the Sat Nav to use those routes (you WILL have to follow the map, there will NOT be a friendly (well nagging) voice telling you to go left at the next field !!!!!!!

Trev

Comment

I've got tomtom installed on my N70, where can I find the OS maps for it?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                  I've got tomtom installed on my N70, where can I find the OS maps for it?
                  Try here

Trev

Comment

Working...
                  X