Lada rescue yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lada rescue yesterday

Nearly got soaked yesterday at Nortrak offroad centre, helping to recover a lada that got stuck when ignition coil got a dunking. it was doing really well before this.

3 people inside were slowly getting wet...
    so i had to leap onto back bumper and hold onto spare tyre, whilst trying to find towbar under water to attach my towing strop

whilst my brother took pics waiting for me to fall in... (see attached pic)

i pulled it out with 4runner, but couldnt get it all way out of bombhole as i was wheel spinning trying to cross some muddy ruts, so a landie with locking rear diff took over,

was another fun day at nortrak - see more pics in offroad centre section
    well worth a visit

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...d=1#post183540
    Attached Files
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Nice one. You don't see too may of the Niva's around but they are one tough car. The only car I've ever seen with instructions for starting it at tenperatures of less than -50c.

Top tip!
    For those that need a spark I tried a pond in the landy last month and it wiped it right out, probably cos its got a fixed blade metal fan to make sure the water really get slung around. This time I went to the plumbers merchants, got some silicone grease and slappet it on the insulation for the plugs, inside the plug lead sockets, over the leads, inside the rim of the dizzy cap, infact everywhere HT & LT. Tried the same pond afterwards and it breezed through. Got home and popped the bonnet and the whole engine was smothered with muddy water, so I though, lets try it and hit the lot with the jet washer, right over dizzy the lot. Jumped straight into the seat and it fored up first hit of the button. Best £1.50 I ever spent on the old pig, I'll be doing that again methinks.

oh the life on the ocean wave, the life on the ocean wave.......
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
    X