Help please tell me this isnt going to hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please tell me this isnt going to hurt

Think my head may have gone but need urgent help cos I know nowt. Right vehicle is a second gen 3ltr. She running fine but on start up this afternoon noticed quite a lot of white smoke. Just thought it was cold so thought no more about it and went to work. Just got home after 15 mile run on motorway steady 70mph so engine warm. As I turned her off I noticed white smoke and could hear bubbling from the engine. Engine temp ok bang on half where it always has been and car seems to be running fine. Any ideas what its likely to be any idea of cost and finally anyone know a descent garage near doncaster.

only an idea, have you looked in the oil cap for white gunk from water mixing in the oil?

My 3L white smokes when it's cold. I nearly died. The first day after buying it, I pulled it out the garage, went into the house to pick up some stuff and when I came back out I saw huge clouds of white smoke. Drove it up the road though and it's fine after 20 secs.

Whats the colour of the water like in your rad? Might just be dirty or blocked.

Not an expert though............

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
      Think my head may have gone but need urgent help cos I know nowt. Right vehicle is a second gen 3ltr. She running fine but on start up this afternoon noticed quite a lot of white smoke. Just thought it was cold so thought no more about it and went to work. Just got home after 15 mile run on motorway steady 70mph so engine warm. As I turned her off I noticed white smoke and could hear bubbling from the engine. Engine temp ok bang on half where it always has been and car seems to be running fine. Any ideas what its likely to be any idea of cost and finally anyone know a descent garage near doncaster.
      did you find any bubbling?
      if your at all worried change your radiator cap and thermostat and get your coolant looked at and topped up/burped.
      doesnt sound like much wrong yet unless youve seen any different.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

it may well be your head or head gasket check your oil and see if there is any white deposits on the dipstick although this is not conclusive if there isnt any show of water in your oil.. cant think of anythink else at the moment.. but others will be along shortly with other info.....

if you get stuck with a garage there is a one in the rotherham area that is 4x4 freindly and very reasonable let me know if you would like contact details... other than that it will mean a trip to stockport to stevo...
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

finded dubbling in the coolant.

Originally posted by dirtydog
          did you find any bubbling?
          if your at all worried change your radiator cap and thermostat and get your coolant looked at and topped up/burped.
          doesnt sound like much wrong yet unless youve seen any different.

Hi, Tim
          i have been finded buddling in the coolant when i started up in the morning at frist 10 or 20 minute,but after few miles runs,that buddling has gone,any idea?engine temp is ok on my 94 ssrx 3.0td.

cam

Comment

Originally posted by cam chan
            Hi, Tim
            i have been finded buddling in the coolant when i started up in the morning at frist 10 or 20 minute,but after few miles runs,that buddling has gone,any idea?engine temp is ok on my 94 ssrx 3.0td.

cam
            UNLIKLY BUT U MAY HAVE AN AIR LOCK, JUST A THOUGHT I HAVE HAD AIR LOCKS MAKE SOME FUNNY NOISES BEFORE NOW.....CHECK BOTH HEATERS ARE HOT WHEN ENGINE WARM..
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Well been out this morning and its a bitch to start, has lost coolant and on start up is blowing what appears to be exhaust gasses into the expansion tank. Sounds like head or gasket. Anyone got a clue as to how a garage would know the difference. Don't want a garage to fit a new gasket only to find its got to be stripped again cos it's the head. All help greatly appreciated

Comment

Well been out this morning and its a bitch to start, has lost coolant and on start up is blowing what appears to be exhaust gasses into the expansion tank. Sounds like head or gasket. Anyone got a clue as to how a garage would know the difference. Don't want a garage to fit a new gasket only to find its got to be stripped again cos it's the head. All help greatly appreciated
                Once its stripped down get the head pressure tested if no cracks are visible.
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

De Ja Vue...??? Same thing has happened to mine....same engine 3,0TD

My head gasket has gone and in turn has cracked the head(my fault as I didn't diagnose problem quick enough and not sorted quick enough)....now its gonna cost me for a new head(£840 inc VAT + del from Roughtrax) £90 gasket kit and altogether £60 for oil, air and fuel filters. luckily I got oil and anti-freeze from work.....plus its £200 labour costs .....so if the head has gone as well....yes unfortunately its gonna hurt...

Comment

Give this a go?

Comment

Thanks for the advice people shes booked in with stevo to work his magic. A man with a transporter should be here today. So much for avoiding head problems by buying a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
                      X