Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

My first post, and it's not a question but an answer.

I'm just buying a 92 Surf, and I called a few places to get insurance.
    But as it's a second car it turns out I can't use my no cliams bonus on two cars/policies.
    Strange but True.
    So I ended up getting quotes around the £1,700 mark
    (2 speeding endorsements - 1x 1 week ban & 0 points, 1x 3pts)

But, a nice man at A-Plan found a company that will give you the equavalent discount that I would have had with your no claims discount.
    So I got fully comp for £700.

(They didn't even require me to insure both cars with them, so I also was able to leave my other car where it was.)

So, if anyones in the same boat - try A-Plan.

I also found out that a few places will insure two vehicles on one policy thus getting around the "stupid quote on a second car" scenario. Liverpool Vic do it, and I also found out the company that insures my motorbikes does it too (can't remember the name though) - so worth asking your insurer becuase these policies are not often advertised.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Interesting News

I just had to cancel my policy with Direct Line on my Xantia, so that I could transfer the no claims to my Surf with Lifesure. If I thought that I could insure both I would keep the Xantia, cos when all is said and done it is a superb car.

I think I will give Lifesure a ring tomorrow and see what they will offer?

Cheers

Rob G
      (quite determined to lose that 'Newbie' status!!)

Comment

i got mine online with ITS 4 U Insurance
        i got 2 years no claims 3 points [speeding]
        and i pay £400 fully comp.
        with terrie on it too [but she wont drive] but they said be £20 more if it was just in my name. work that one out????
        they say you get discount for a couple now, and dont have to be married either.
        wonder if that would work for Gays
        NOT that i am i hasten to add
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Just renewed mine today for 11/1/04. £508 fully comp protected bonus £200x/s. All the legal cover, breakdown, car hire etc included. 39 one fault claim no endorsements.

Did get one cheaper at £438 but had £350 xs and none of the trimmings.
          Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
            i got mine online with ITS 4 U Insurance
            i got 2 years no claims 3 points [speeding]
            and i pay £400 fully comp.
            with terrie on it too [but she wont drive] but they said be £20 more if it was just in my name. work that one out????
            they say you get discount for a couple now, and dont have to be married either.
            wonder if that would work for Gays
            NOT that i am i hasten to add
            OOOH POP .....YOU are awful !!!!!! but I like you!
            Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
            X