tyre wear on inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre wear on inside

have notice that the inside of both front tyres are wearing a lot faster than the outside.

when i hade my 2" lift fitted over a year ago i had the laser alignment done .

my question is, is the wheel alignment easilly knocked off if you are off road or bumping up and down kerbs regularly?

and is just a case of getting the tracking done again ? or is the lift affecting the excessive wear on the tyres?

back is fine, even wear.

will probablly rotate tyres( back ones on to front).

cheers scotty

If they are wearing on the inside then something is definitely out of alignment. It's probably the tracking as that can get knocked out very easily. I hit a kerb fairly lightly once in a previous car and put the tracking out, so off roading could easily do it.

If it's not the tracking, then the lift could have altered the castor/camber angles, which I believe would have a similar effect.
    Mike G

Comment

cheers tallyman,

one machanic that i spoke to sayed that i was the castor or camber, cant remember which.

he said because of the lift it had pushed the bottom strut out ( dont know if strut is the right word) and pulled the top in, and there wasnt much you can do about it.

anymore opinions would be great.

thanks again scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
        cheers tallyman,

one machanic that i spoke to sayed that i was the castor or camber, cant remember which.

he said because of the lift it had pushed the bottom strut out ( dont know if strut is the right word) and pulled the top in, and there wasnt much you can do about it.

anymore opinions would be great.

thanks again scotty
        That sounds about right (its the camber), altough if you had a laser alignment done at the time it should have spotted this. Time for a full alignment again.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

morr, just how easy does the alignment get knocked out then?

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            morr, just how easy does the alignment get knocked out then?

cheers scotty
            It depends, many will go for years without ever requiring re-adjustment. Several factors will affect it, heavy off-roading will certainly increase the chances of knocking it out, perhaps following the last alignment the adjusting bolts were not tightened quite as tight as they could have been, allowing it to either slowly drift out of alignment, or leaving it more prone to being knocked out.
            Its also possible that when you had your laser alignment done it was not done correctly to begin with.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
            X