Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window motor

hi lads and lasses
    been told some info about rear window motors, ive been led to believe these are a bit pricey, but apparently a motor off the passenger side of an early nineties celica is exactly the same,and a lot cheaper, anyone heard of this, sounds ok but i dunno
    cheers johnno
    15 years in shiny club, lovely

I have heard that too. Before you spend too many pennies getting a replacement, try feeding some volts direct to the motor, because it could be the relay board that has gone faulty.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by geordie john
      hi lads and lasses
      been told some info about rear window motors, ive been led to believe these are a bit pricey, but apparently a motor off the passenger side of an early nineties celica is exactly the same,and a lot cheaper, anyone heard of this, sounds ok but i dunno
      cheers johnno

Toyota Corolla is the car for the rear window motors.

Comment

try this one

i bought a toyota mr2 window motor from ebay in January. cost me £16 plus £5 postage. works a treat.
        Apparantly all the mr2 window motors are the same, so doesnt matter if its left or right window, it was off a revision 3 mr2.

Absolute bargain, seeing as exactly the same motor for a 4runner is stupididly priced, even people selling them second hand want around £60 for one.

It wasnt the same part number on the motor as mine, and if i remember right, i had to splice my old electrical conector to the mr2 motor, so i could connect it. took about 2 minutes and a couple of spade connectors.

Made sure i greased it all well before putting it in. Its only been in about 8 weeks, but its still going strong. If it lasts me a year I'll be happy at that price !

Oh, i also tried a corolla window motor, as some on here said that that would fit, when the s$$$$py got it out of the car, it looked nothing like mine, as this was not geared with cogs, but pulleys and cable. I suppose if a corolla does fit, you must have to get the exact year.

Heres a link for the ebay page for the motor i bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4607561639

Comment

Working...
        X