Road Tax On 3l?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Tax On 3l?

Having just arived back into the UK from being on honeymoon my dad called to say welcom back and that 2.8L and above road taxes have gone up! - followed by a laugh...........

I said if I could afford to buy a surf I can afford the increase which he didn't like.................

Does anyone have any info please? Having been away for two weeks, I've kinda lost track.

Thanks

Sparky

Unless your motor is newer than yr 2000 then it only goes up to £175 pa on both 2.4 and 3l AFAIK

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Updated rates here:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/taxation.htm

Comment

Some system, Our 7.5ton 22' long horse lorry is now cheaper to tax than our family vehicle.

Time to ditch the car and use the lorry, hope they are gonna make parking spaces bigger as this is the new approved (must be, its cheaper) runabout!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Some system, Our 7.5ton 22' long horse lorry is now cheaper to tax than our family vehicle.

Time to ditch the car and use the lorry, hope they are gonna make parking spaces bigger as this is the new approved (must be, its cheaper) runabout!
          Can we form an orderly queue to watch the "antis" reaction to the cloud of smoke as the truck fires up

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I see a new Land Cruiser diesel auto is rated at 243g/km.

This then would escape the fuel tax disc rise then wouldn't it?

Comment

Wonder if they're gona try and screw me for more money. I renewed mine online when I came home last night. Might have been a very timely move.
              Mike G

Comment

hm

so the way the new tax works is as i see it .
                1 new cars less tax
                2 older cars more tax
                so this means that those of us with less money and can only afford older cars pay more tax (work it out )
                I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  I see a new Land Cruiser diesel auto is rated at 243g/km.

This then would escape the fuel tax disc rise then wouldn't it?
                  No, over 225g/km pays the higher rate.

Comment

Just A thought. If you get your MOT done and your emmisions are half the vehicle rating you should be entitled to cheaper tax. If you sent your MOT certificate in to the DVLA then they would have to give you the cheaper rate. If not they are saying that your emmision test you had done is a waste of time and effort and means stuff all

Comment

Hahahahahaha

My dad recons we will be paying 250 for tax! - just checked the dvla web site, and unless I am wrong it clearly says that we have a £5 increase.........

Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                        My dad recons we will be paying 250 for tax! - just checked the dvla web site, and unless I am wrong it clearly says that we have a £5 increase.........

Is that right?
                        Yup, tell the ol' man he's talking rubbish. the highest rate is for new cars, old cars are not affected, only the £5 hike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B
                          If not they are saying that your emmision test you had done is a waste of time and effort and means stuff all
                          /\ My moneys on this answer /\

Comment

Basically Gordon 'Batsard' Brown has been VERY canny .......

He's somehow managed to manipulate the media into distracting drivers by targeting 4x4's and then aimed his tax at EVERYBODY with a newer car that has higher emissions - he's even caught quite a few 2l cars !

Speaking personally I've come out neutral - lost £5 on the Surf and got it back on my diesel Focus.

At least now there's a chance that they'll lay off us for a while - the man in the street won't notice that it's hardly touched the majority of 4x4's cos he's thick and believes everything he reads in the Sun/Mail etc

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Basically Gordon 'Batsard' Brown has been VERY canny .......

He's somehow managed to manipulate the media into distracting drivers by targeting 4x4's and then aimed his tax at EVERYBODY with a newer car that has higher emissions - he's even caught quite a few 2l cars !

Speaking personally I've come out neutral - lost £5 on the Surf and got it back on my diesel Focus.

At least now there's a chance that they'll lay off us for a while - the man in the street won't notice that it's hardly touched the majority of 4x4's cos he's thick and believes everything he reads in the Sun/Mail etc

You've done it now mate!!!!

I wonder how many people on here read the Sun or Mail, I can feel a poll coming on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X