MOT Cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Cert

I've just noticed on my MOT (passed last month ) that the tester has put the Odometer reading as 'MILES' not 'KM'! Also just checked on the internet:-

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/index.html

and that confirms down as miles. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to contact some governmental department to correct this as it may lead to some legal problems, issues with insurance etc etc?
    Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

I think that the garage can correct it, if it's a new computer generated one.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      I think that the garage can correct it, if it's a new computer generated one.
      Quite the opposite, if its the new computer one, the garage has to contact the DVLA (or whoever) tell them whats wrong, they then come down and inspect the vehicle and the testing station, make a nusence of themselves, and then you'll get a new certificate.

My local garage had to do it last week.

I think its because we're all liers and not be trusted in the slightest.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yep it's one of the new computer generated one's. I'll be giving the garage a ring tommorow, thanks.
        Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

just had a look at my new style mot doc.and they have put it in mile and not km's although my speedo has been converted to miles since its been over here and only done 2000 since its been in the country just over 12 months
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

does it really matter?

as long as the numbers are the same?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X