Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC 4x4 NEWS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4829628.stm

not read fully yet but be sure to add your comments!

Comments added, but not posted yet!
    If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

Comments added, after taking several deep breaths and putting the cleaver down...
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Just logged in to tell you about it myself ..... needless to say a comment or two have been made !

:
        Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I have noticed alot of the anti 4x4 brigade have been moaning, whinging, without the slightest clue about the 4x4. There are more petrol driven cars which belch out more polution than the majority of 4x4s. I bet if some had 4x4 battery powered sinclair C5s, there would be some nanny having a moan at that.

But hey, while they are happy wasting money on public transport which churns out astronomical amounts of polution, I will happily drive by in a Surf with a smug grin etched across the face and get to any destination without backache, headache from the noise and frustration that the bus stops every 2 inches, then have to catch 500 other buses so they get home.

Comment

Originally posted by smego
            public transport which churns out astronomical amounts of polution, I will happily drive by in a Surf with a smug grin etched across the face and get to any destination without backache, headache from the noise and frustration that the bus stops every 2 inches, then have to catch 500 other buses so they get home.
            What Ken Livingstone and the lentilists don't want you to know (or probably don't know) is that London buses get between 8-5 mpg typically. When they reach 2 mpg they're taken out for a 'service'.

Comment

just fueled up my truck and the police were topping there tanks up too seems they drink more than me it would seem after a nice chat with the nice police woman as she filled her patrol car and the geezer went to pay
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Just clicked on the link. It's either dead or it's getting such a hammering it's overloaded.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                  What Ken Livingstone and the lentilists don't want you to know (or probably don't know) is that London buses get between 8-5 mpg typically. When they reach 2 mpg they're taken out for a 'service'.
                  Marvelous aint it? Lets put bus engines into 4x4s, then we might be ok if we can get a PSV sticker in the rear window passing off as public transport. Don't think Livingston would notice that

Comment

Tax rates are here btw, they seem to be up-to-date. The new highest rate of £215 won't affect us anyway seeing as nearly all Surfs in the UK were built before 1st March 2001

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/taxation.htm
                    Last edited by Rob; 22 March 2006, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      Tax rates are here btw, they seem to be up-to-date. The new highest rate of £215 won't affect us anyway seeing as nearly all Surfs in the UK were built before 1st March 2001

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/taxation.htm
                      Are you sure?. It does say registration before 2001. I would have assumed it would effect anyone who registers a surf with the DVLA after 2001, as imports, regardless of age, would be reg'd with DVLA for obvious reasons, then as long as they were reg'd before 2001, you should be ok, but those of us who might have reg'd after are in for a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by smego
                        Are you sure?. It does say registration before 2001. I would have assumed it would effect anyone who registers a surf with the DVLA after 2001, as imports, regardless of age, would be reg'd with DVLA for obvious reasons, then as long as they were reg'd before 2001, you should be ok, but those of us who might have reg'd after are in for a hit.
                        Yeah, I'm not entirely sure - as you say, it does say registered. But imports are usually given an age related number plate according to when the vehicle was declared new. I highly doubt it really means registered date when talking about 2nd hand imports. They didn't back-date it when they brought the law into place for many reasons, so i don't see why it would be different for older vehicles that were registered in this country years after they were built. I hope

Comment

Working...
                        X