Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget

Can I get annoyed before the budget? It is reported that robbing B****** brown intends to increase road fund duty to £200 for gas guzzling 4x4's.

he's obviously fogotten that his mate (2 jags) has cars that are substantially WORSE for MPG than the average 4x4.

New Labour...... new dictatorship morelike!
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Originally posted by coolsv650
    Can I get annoyed before the budget? It is reported that robbing B****** brown intends to increase road fund duty to £200 for gas guzzling 4x4's.

he's obviously fogotten that his mate (2 jags) has cars that are substantially WORSE for MPG than the average 4x4.

New Labour...... new dictatorship morelike!
    ahh yes but 2 jags dont pay for his fuel we do! and I wonder how much we spend on the fleet of 4.2 rangies they all smoke about in as well!
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

no doubt someone will correct me but surely Surfs 1st & 2nd gen are 2 wheel drive as you cannot use 4x4 on tarmac
      if the robbing b4rst4rds are going to bring in a tax for 4x4's then we should be exempt
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

It's not just 4x4's, it's anything that puts out more than 250g/km CO2.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

I can't see how they will ever sort it, the is no such thing as a gas guzzling 4x4.

They can tax large engines, or they can tax vehicle size/weight. But that applies to cars as well as 4x4's.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Micky B
            It's not just 4x4's, it's anything that puts out more than 250g/km CO2.

sure I was told mine puts out 249?
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Not had it confirmed by Mr Brown himself yet- but the pundits think it will apply only to new cars brought from today onwards.

Link to live budget updates:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...1&in_page_id=2

Comment

From the live budget report on BBC web site:

"Cars with the lowest rate of emissions would pay no vehicle excise duty but the 1% of most polluting cars would pay £210"

Not sure what the limits are for "the most polluting cars" yet tho...
                No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Yep, just listened to it and it seems that we're o.k.
                  Even better if we could produce zero emmisions from our trucks.........no road tax to pay!

Comment

budget

fed up with the media keep saying ''gas guzzlers' i could think of a lot of other cars that are fuel eaters not just 4x4,its a horrible saying my surf is good on fuel , and i am right in saying its the fuel emissions that go into the atmostphere, but ours passed fine at the mot, being a woman not up on these sort of things, i just got to pay the bills!!!
                    And on my reg documents it says my surf is an estate car no mention of 4x4 etc!!!!
                    trouble is i love my surf and that means i will have to pay it,!!my poor son has a shogun for sale for ages lovely car excell cond, but no one will by it now, better stop i could winge all day!!

Comment

when you say no tax of low emmision vehicles..... does that mean veg oilers get tax free, or they will just take it out of the extra fuel duty? or we still have to pay both.... i wonder..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ian and jean
                        fed up with the media keep saying ''gas guzzlers' i could think of a lot of other cars that are fuel eaters not just 4x4,
                        hehe, I nearly hit my thumb in suprise with a hammer today, Radio 1 news said this morning "....Gas guzzling cars, which includes some of the larger 4x4's....."

That is almost intelligent reporting!! They must be getting the message
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

RADIO 1 !?????what are you, 16?

Comment

Radio 2 forever !!!! well untill i get a new radio !!!

Good ol discussion on right now about the so called gas guzzlers...

Does anyone have any acurate co2 emmision figures on the surf ???

At the end of the day i think the government will always be trying to find new ways of squeezing more money from its population, it just so happens its our turn...Bit like your boss in work alwasys trying to make your job harder...

Think the war cost them more than they will ever admit and the money has to be finely extracted from us to pay for it...

Comment

PRE BUDGET RANT:

What does annoy me is the following:

1. Raised Tax to £210 for co2 emmission but yet reduced to zero for small cars [electric]..what about the pollution to produce electric and yet this government wants to cut commuting by vehicle

2. Customs & Excise overcharge for wanting to be green [use of SVO]

3. MP's are allowed to claim back expenses for their houses [etc Tax, Insurance and so on]. Ruth Kelly is reported to have claimed far more than she should have done for her Mortgage. [Bolton Evening News]

4. Introducing Car Pool lanes, but wont this just shove everyone else into a traffic jam and hence still not getting everywhere sending out particulates into the air.

Not everyone starts/leaves work at the same time and some dont have people that go to the same workplace [me for example ..so that rules me out]

Just look at the Bus Lane on the M4 and how useful that really is

5. Deregulation of National Services [Bus, Trains] has been farcical and whilst some expenditure has been made by private sector..how many buses do you see empty, or commuters crammed into not enough carriages [dangerous in an accident]

The Government would not deregulate the Red buses of london because they know what a cockup it would have been.

6. People living in the political centres of London [Westminster] receive huge Council Tax rebates [if I remember some time ago it was reported that some residents are only paying £200-£300 quid] but yet every other area the rebates were being withdrawn

7. Government official vehicles and taxes are paid by us. The People.

8. Even worse is giving athletes more of my money on the pretenses that a good haul of medals will give us, the nation, a feel good factor and hence make work happier and more profitable.

If I wanna go do a sport..that is my choice...why doesn't the government give me some money for taking up sports as a profession.....let the buggers work to pay for their sports like everyone else

This government is not governed by the People, for the People but by some pretentious, lying pr$$ks!
                              Last edited by Gizmo; 22 March 2006, 20:07.
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X