Going Up in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Up in the World

i have read and read and read and read some more about rear springs and have come to the conclusion the 2" lift springs don't actually lift much at all and start sagging soon anyway after some weight is added. To lift the back of my 2nd gen i was going to get Milners 20 % stronger and then get some spring spacers - good or bad idea ? also would i nead a panard rod drop bracket? - Daft question but would this give me more ground clearance or just enable me to fit bigger wheels / tyres ?
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Yes, no and yes. Doing the suspension lift will give you more clearance between the body and the ground. It will also give more clearance to fit larger rubber, which in turn gives more gound clearance under your axles. Just don't forget to do the torsion bars as well as Surfs don't make great hot rods.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers - Was the no to the panard rod drop ?
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Surfs don't make great hot rods.

Oh I strongly disagree!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 March 2006, 12:54.

Comment

to what ? - now i'm confused again (easily done)
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

2" will still not let you fit larger tyres than 31's, especially as you don't want to lifting the front more than 1 1/2" on the torsion bars without dropping the front diff.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

and............. will i need to replace the rear shocks if i go the milner 20% stronger with spacers route ?
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

You should be o.k. but the shocks will probably working at their limits and they'll most likely need replacing by now anyway.

I have these fitted and they compensate for a 2" suspension lift too.
                http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...rs_ES3000.html

Comment

Still running standard shocks on mine with no problems, but I will be replacing them as they are getting tired and one is leaking.
                  I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Thanks for the advice - now for the difficult bit - parting with the money !!
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                      i have read and read and read and read some more about rear springs and have come to the conclusion the 2" lift springs don't actually lift much at all and start sagging soon anyway after some weight is added. To lift the back of my 2nd gen i was going to get Milners 20 % stronger and then get some spring spacers - good or bad idea ? also would i nead a panard rod drop bracket? - Daft question but would this give me more ground clearance or just enable me to fit bigger wheels / tyres ?
                      If you look at the ones i want to get made then you will get a true +2" lift that will not sag as mine will be uprated. Check the post out in general under coils spring manufactuers
                      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

sounds like they are the ones for me !! - how much and how quick to get some ?
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                        X