Hose pipe ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose pipe ban

and about time too. for far to long these devilish devices have been considered safe to leave laying around gardens and sheds, with little thought to the effect they can have on a life. how many people have ended up in hospital because of these things? i say ban them and ban them now! make or gardens safe for the little kiddies to play in. (is this alright? dorothy? dorothy!)
    it's in me shed, mate.

if the government can be persuaded to introduce a lawnmower ban as well my summer sundays will be safe at last!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

With a ban how else are we to use the dangerous cleaning medium WATER
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yes I think its right to BAN washing the cars and cutting the grass !!

BUT WHY BAN THE HOSES what have they done to any one and how are we meant to keep our engines cool if we aint allowed to use a hose to get the water from our radiators to our water pumps?????

No seriously how am I meant to run up my outboard on my boat, I reckon if I fill a water butt by buckets I will use about 4 times as much water than i would with a hose!

And too top it all we have water meters on the Island so the Water Company is gonna loose out BIG TIME ere!

Paul
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            if the government can be persuaded to introduce a lawnmower ban as well my summer sundays will be safe at last!
            why not form an Anti Powered Lawnmower pressure group has anyone worked out how much they contribute to pollution levels not only the petrol ones as electric ones cause pollution as the electricity has to be generated thereby polluting the atmosphere in the process
            I reckon there is a good chance it has a much bigger impact than all the vehicles on the road!
            added to this is the noise pollution anti social aspect I am certain we could gain the backing of enough of the saddos that have nothing better to do than interfere in other peoples lives to get a ban thus freeing us from the punishing and pointless chore of mowing the lawn forever!

Comment

But mine runs on veg oil!

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
                why not form an Anti Powered Lawnmower pressure group has anyone worked out how much they contribute to pollution levels not only the petrol ones as electric ones cause pollution as the electricity has to be generated thereby polluting the atmosphere in the process
                I reckon there is a good chance it has a much bigger impact than all the vehicles on the road!
                added to this is the noise pollution anti social aspect I am certain we could gain the backing of enough of the saddos that have nothing better to do than interfere in other peoples lives to get a ban thus freeing us from the punishing and pointless chore of mowing the lawn forever!
                you raise a good point, if it's carefully done the ban could be promoted as a summertime keep fit routine - think of the calories you would burn off if you got a big garden !!!!!

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  you raise a good point, if it's carefully done the ban could be promoted as a summertime keep fit routine - think of the calories you would burn off if you got a big garden !!!!!

Trev
                  You know what I think we could be on to something huge here its all positives!

Comment

Working...
                  X