Window Tinting...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting...help!!

Hi Everyone, need some advice/help, I want to tint the rear tailgate and rear passenger windows but have come up against a problem..the rear windows in the load area/boot are already tinted well the glass is its not a film ie its a factory job. My surf is Gunmetal grey and this tint is dark brown, the guy who was going to do it for me said that its impossible for him to match it to the already tinted windows as that colour is not available. So anybody come up against this before and can anybody help me out? If it helps I am in Manchester. Thanks Guys.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Are you sure the glass is tinted and not just a expertly applied film?
    I thought my glass was tinted 'cos I could see no edges to suggest it was a film, that was until I accidently scratched it loading up with rubbish to take to the tip.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 March 2006, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Are you sure the glass is tinted and not just a expertly applied film?
      I thought my glass was tinted 'cos I could see no edges to suggest it was a film, that was until I accidently scratched it loading up with rubbish to take to the tip.

no its definatley the glass as the tinting guy already tried to scratch it to see if it was a film.

Comment

If you get the rear window tinted, and it's a different colour, it won't notice from the outside anyway only when inside the truck looking out.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 March 2006, 13:28.

Comment

Dude I got some tinting film fro a car factors - was just the same colour as the rear cab windows...I think it was solar s or somethin...

Rapid hardware in liverpool has the stuff.

made a good job on mine..
          Attached Files
          Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
            Dude I got some tinting film fro a car factors - was just the same colour as the rear cab windows...I think it was solar s or somethin...

Rapid hardware in liverpool has the stuff.

made a good job on mine..
            know that road!! used to work further on just past chinatown! no the problem is my guy says that he cannot get a brown coloured tinting film to match the existing one and its gonna look stupid with 3 one colour and 2 others!

Comment

Not from the outside!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Not from the outside!
                Yes def from the outside as a brown film is not available any other colour will look diff from the outside unless i choose a mirror effect which is not what i want.

Comment

Truckman - now i'm with ya....the mirror effect one is the one I have and it matches the other windows very well indeed.

So you know my road then ! Nice one - small forum world init !
                  Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
                    Truckman - now i'm with ya....the mirror effect one is the one I have and it matches the other windows very well indeed.

So you know my road then ! Nice one - small forum world init !
                    at last! so looks like it will have to stay as it is .....

Comment

Working...
                    X