Road Politeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Politeness

Hey just got back from picking up the girlfriends parents from Heathrow. An i was just chillin at 65mph all the way down the motorway just chilling in the inside lane in no rush. And i like to be polite to people by letting them in and out and giving way, and in over 300miles round trip only 3 people thanked me for doing so . Now is it me being too polite or is every other driver as arrogant as the next? Im sure there is less and less decent drivers out there these days.
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

being polite or avoiding a ticket
    some drivers look at 4x4 as a reason to become (how do i say this politely)an IDIOT
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
      Hey just got back from picking up the girlfriends parents from Heathrow. An i was just chillin at 65mph all the way down the motorway just chilling in the inside lane in no rush. And i like to be polite to people by letting them in and out and giving way, and in over 300miles round trip only 3 people thanked me for doing so . Now is it me being too polite or is every other driver as arrogant as the next? Im sure there is less and less decent drivers out there these days.

I've noticed that the nearer you get to London, the more ignorant the other drivers get. Thats why I moved west!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I've noticed that the nearer you get to London, the more ignorant the other drivers get. Thats why I moved west!
        Your right there Vince, but fankfully saw a Black Surf Truck today he flashed & Waved as I did the same. Yaaaaba dabba dooooooo
        And it wasn't you tho Cris !!!!!! Sorry ...........One day
        What a great bunch we are....................

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
          Your right there Vince, but fankfully saw a Black Surf Truck today he flashed & Waved as I did the same. Yaaaaba dabba dooooooo
          And it wasn't you tho Cris !!!!!! Sorry ...........One day
          What a great bunch we are....................

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!

I went past a K reg Surf today. All I got was an evil look. Thought to myself, "not even going to bother with you mate"

Comment

Originally posted by avalon

Yes you are right. As a class one truck driver covering many thousands of miles a year, I can honestly say every one is now out for themselfs. You only get the odd thanks from drivers in cars. The same can be said when I'm in my Surf or Defender.

Mind you, I have found that the most flashes you get (in a waggon) to pull in by cars or general courtesy seems to happen in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              Yes you are right. As a class one truck driver covering many thousands of miles a year, I can honestly say every one is now out for themselfs. You only get the odd thanks from drivers in cars. The same can be said when I'm in my Surf or Defender.

Mind you, I have found that the most flashes you get (in a waggon) to pull in by cars or general courtesy seems to happen in Wales.
              Er .............. are you saying that the Welsh are more likely to FLASH ?!!
              If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil her up
                Er .............. are you saying that the Welsh are more likely to FLASH ?!!

What a horrible idea
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I don't flash until I'm flashed!

Comment

Haulin the caravan back on Sunday at a nice steady 60ish on M2 and some numpties starts up the slip road to join the dual carrageway. Someone is overtaking me so I'm in my lane and numptie makes no attempt to accelerat hard on the slip and get in front of me, there is no way I'm losing my hard won momentum so numpties tries to pop out just behind me, right where the caravan is. He got a blast of hooter and I swear he just never saw the van there. On the subject of politeness, if the queue behind me n the van gets too long I try to drive through a layby to let them pass. Artic drivers mostly flash after an overtake to let you know your past. I have never been waved at by another Surf but I rarely go out in the landy without a friendly wave from another landy driver and I can't remember the last series landy that never waved or flashed.
                    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

i reckon Swindon has the worst drivers...
                      and the worst people generally... in fact, the whole town is a bit of a $hithole.
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                        Haulin the caravan back on Sunday at a nice steady 60ish on M2 and some numpties starts up the slip road to join the dual carrageway. Someone is overtaking me so I'm in my lane and numptie makes no attempt to accelerat hard on the slip and get in front of me, there is no way I'm losing my hard won momentum so numpties tries to pop out just behind me, right where the caravan is. He got a blast of hooter and I swear he just never saw the van there. On the subject of politeness, if the queue behind me n the van gets too long I try to drive through a layby to let them pass. Artic drivers mostly flash after an overtake to let you know your past. I have never been waved at by another Surf but I rarely go out in the landy without a friendly wave from another landy driver and I can't remember the last series landy that never waved or flashed.

I own a EX Military (Army) Series 3 LWB soft top GS and EX Military (RAF) Defender 110 TUM FFR 12/24v Hard Top, and sometimes get waves off Landy drivers. Most of them think I'm in the forces and don't bother. But nearly all EX Military Landy drivers wave. They usually know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          i reckon Swindon has the worst drivers...
                          and the worst people generally... in fact, the whole town is a bit of a $hithole.
                          Known as Swinetown to us over here.
                          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                          X