I Got Speeding Fine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Speeding Fine!

Right, so scum bag has caught me for speeding in a mobile camera van. Strange thing is I have no front number plate ( yeah I know its illegal ), and the camera was pointing straight at me so I'm not sure how he managed it.

Anyway, I recall someone posting about a web site that gives you "advice" on how to make it difficult for the muppets to prosecute, something about calibration certificates, operator training ceritificates etc.

Can anyone remember it?
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Sounds like they clocked you speeding, couldn't read your registration from the front and took a photo from the back .
    Sneaky f*****s

Comment

ask for the photo so you can check who was driving.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thats what I guess he got a rear shot, and I will be asking for ALL the evidence!

I'm likely to be banged to rights, but hey, not going to make it easy for them!

It was only 46 in a 30 on a dual carriageway and I saw him and braked, going past him at 30 so the photo shouldn't show me at 46 with a registration number on view, only a rear photo of me at 30, plus theres a fixed gatso only 100 yards up the road so I was still at 30, so wheres the proof copper!

Unless he got a mug shot of me, these cameras are very good.
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

If he is sitting in a van pointing at your front, I can't see how he could have got you from behind. He must have looked out the back and wrote your reg number down.

Demand to see the photographic evidence of you speeding. If the only evidence they have is of your front, with no reg number you should get off as they cant prove it was you. It's worth a try anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
            Thats what I guess he got a rear shot, and I will be asking for ALL the evidence!

I'm likely to be banged to rights, but hey, not going to make it easy for them!

It was only 46 in a 30 on a dual carriageway and I saw him and braked, going past him at 30 so the photo shouldn't show me at 46 with a registration number on view, only a rear photo of me at 30, plus theres a fixed gatso only 100 yards up the road so I was still at 30, so wheres the proof copper!

Unless he got a mug shot of me, these cameras are very good.

when i got done for speeding i asked for evidence via a photo and they said that a photo would only be produced in court......
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              when i got done for speeding i asked for evidence via a photo and they said that a photo would only be produced in court......

Yes, that's right. If you contest the fine etc, you have to go to court to prove your innocence. The tw*t that caught you should also be there to give evidence.

Comment

http://www.ticketbusters.co.uk/ This may help, You'll have to type it in yourself as i hav'nt mastered the live link bit yet, Ian, Or perhaps i have
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

[QUOTE=Danno]Right, so scum bag has caught me for speeding in a mobile camera van. Strange thing is I have no front number plate ( yeah I know its illegal ), and the camera was pointing straight at me so I'm not sure how he managed it.

Anyway, I recall someone posting about a web site that gives you "advice" on how to make it difficult for the muppets to prosecute, something about calibration certificates, operator training ceritificates etc.

Can anyone remember it?[/QUOTE]
                  Never get another Speeding Ticket!
                  www.BeatTheSpeedTrap.co.ukTop Tip # 4
                  --------------
                  THE BEST LOOPHOLE

When you are being reported for speeding, the Police Officer must tell you that:

“You will be reported for consideration of the question of prosecuting you for exceeding the speed limit."

It must either be given:

> verbally
                  > in writing at the time
                  > in writing within fourteen days (or a summons be issued within fourteen days)

Following this Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP), he should then caution you by saying:

"You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned, something you later rely on in Court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Under Section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act, 1988, section 1, it states:

"A person shall not be convicted of an offence to which this section applies," (speeding, dangerous driving, careless driving, failing to conform to traffic lights, failing to conform to stop signs, continuous white lines in the middle of the road and other mandatory road signs) "unless the Notice of Intended Prosecution was given”.

When being booked for speeding or any other offence, if possible switch on a tape recorder or Dictaphone so that you have a record of what the officer says. Be careful, some Police forces do have the N.I.P. printed on the HO/RT/1 producer form or on specially printed forms for speeding offences.

You may think that the Police would do this as standard practice, but we have heard of numerous examples from our customers of instances where people have 'got off' on this technicality, so make a mental note!

So what are you thinking of the tips so far? I'd really appreciate any feedback you could offer.

Also, have you though any further about trialing one of our BTST Speed Camera Detectors, or possibly talking to us about a GPS system? If you are not really sure what you need, just give either myself or Judy a call and we would be happy to advise or recommend a product (even if it is not one we stock).

If you would like to talk about which type of detector is right for you, please give us a call on 0208 302 2814, or to check out our BTST, go to http://beatthespeedtrap.co.uk/

All the best,

Adam Blair
                  ---------------------------------
                  Never get another Speeding Ticket!
                  www.BeatTheSpeedTrap.co.uk
                  ---------------------------------
                  support@beatthespeedtrap.co.uk
                  0208 302 2814

spooky just got this in e-mail
                  Last edited by pops; 20 March 2006, 22:15.
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    If the only evidence they have is of your front, with no reg number you should get off as they cant prove it was you. It's worth a try anyway.
                    Unless you have a VERY distinctive Truck!!!
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

dont speed?
                      Landcruiser Colorado
                      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        Unless you have a VERY distinctive Truck!!!

That's true. But if you drive round in a gimp mask, then they are stuffed.

"It wasn't me guv"

Comment

bar code

My mot mate told me that the camaras in the latest van also have a bar code reader ??
                          your bar code is on your tax disc?
                          its the same as the traffic cars have if your car is reported stolen it runs a continuos scan and reads the bar codes it is a serius piece of kit it can read cars going the oppisit way on the moterway???????????

Comment

Was I there???

just saw this mate bad luck, would it be the one we went past when doing the '88 truck? should I warn the wife of imminent points or trust that the auto is slower from the lights and they missed me?
                            Guess the turbo might be after I get back from the "Beach" to fit to the '92 after all the money people keep taking!!
                            Danno used my Truck and did'nt break it!

Comment

Don't admit you knew you didnt have a front number plate, say you only noticed it when you got home that it was missing
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Working...
                              X