Helppppppppppppppppppppp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helppppppppppppppppppppp

My surf has died the head is cracked . Does anyone know of any additives i can put in to get it to run for about 80 miles . I have to get it to Belfast to get it on the ferry then from Liverpool so stevos in stockport Where i am having a new engine fitted . That will sort the bugger out . Any help from you lot would be much appreciated

Maurice

bars

you could try barrs stop leak or vauxhall make a good stop leak it look a bit like a dog turd but have been told both are very good may be if you could take the thermostat out might stop it buliding up pressure up so quickly hope this is of some help
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Have you checked with stevo first, just in case any of the possible additives may cause him any difficulty. He may also be able to make a recommendation from his experience with the engines.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi, As Morr said, Take the thermostat out and take plenty of water with you
        and do the journey in short hops, It'll be a buggar but should get you there,
        Also take a couple of guys with you in case if possible, Or join the AA for a day
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

the stop leak stuff is more for radiator leaks... and usually just as good as using an egg white.

i'd go for the towing option!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks Guys

Thanks for all your help does anyone have stevos e mail address please

maurice

Comment

Just look for Stevo signature or click on the Engine Co Link for Tel No.
              Gaz

Comment

I had a blown head gasket in my Peugeot 106 diesel. Used two bottles of Barrs stop leak and it cured the problem. I've sold the car on, and this is two years down the line, but it still runs sweet as a nut.

Comment

New Surf

OK guys many thanks to all of you out there I know im mad but thats what buying a surf does for you . Im getting a brand new one only trouble is im buying it piece by piece . But after stevo does a heart transplant for me im hoping that i will at least get a bit of trouble free motoring . theres not much else big that can go wrong now IS THERE ?

By the way if anyone going over to Northern ireland I have a 2 bed mobile home there which im not moving into untill next year its in a lovely spot by the sea and i may be persuaded to loan it to any members whe will take care of it for a holiday .

Be safe

Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by MOTRAV
                    OK guys many thanks to all of you out there I know im mad but thats what buying a surf does for you . Im getting a brand new one only trouble is im buying it piece by piece . But after stevo does a heart transplant for me im hoping that i will at least get a bit of trouble free motoring . theres not much else big that can go wrong now IS THERE ?

By the way if anyone going over to Northern ireland I have a 2 bed mobile home there which im not moving into untill next year its in a lovely spot by the sea and i may be persuaded to loan it to any members whe will take care of it for a holiday .

Be safe

Maurice

Free digs in Ireland!!! Please confirm booking for next years Norwest bike race for 15 for four nights only Ta.

PS we wont need the beds and we can do our own bar

Comment

Emmm

Originally posted by AuldNick
                      Free digs in Ireland!!! Please confirm booking for next years Norwest bike race for 15 for four nights only Ta.

PS we wont need the beds and we can do our own bar

Exactly what part of " take care of it " was Difficult for you to understand

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                      X