aaargghhhhh toyota dealer steering recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaargghhhhh toyota dealer steering recall

battled across aberdeen (opposite side of city) to dealer this morning to drop vehicle off for steering relay rod recall replacement, then courtsey bus and normal bus back across aberdeen to work - all this took 2 1/4 hrs, normally takes me an hour to get to work
    and now get a phone call saying they started working on vehcile and stripping it down only to discover part not in yet! what numptys
    so got to leave car there now till tomorrow, my choice as cant face battle across aberdeen again twice.

they better not charge me for the camber/castor adjustment i asked them to do in addition to the recall work! as im fuming at their blunder
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

can you give some more info on this recall- is it something affecting the 3rd gen 1996 3.0ltr model?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
      can you give some more info on this recall....
      Scroll down to see the new similar threads feature below

Originally posted by fergus
      .... is it something affecting the 3rd gen 1996 3.0ltr model?
      thanks
      It does not affect the 3rd Gen.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

there have been other discussions on this steering relay rod recall

dont the 3rd gens have rack-and-pinon steering? they wont be affected,
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

last time i was on a bus across aberdeen, i accidentally stood up on the luggage rack and sang "English" songs and the other passengers...

oh, the shame of all day drinking with the brother in law!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

garage got the part now

but now they really dont want to adjust camber/castor as say the bolts seized on, they are reluctant to really try as afraid of bushes turning in seized bolts, and wishbone/control arm damage,
            suppose they are right - and i dont want to pay main dealer prices for getting them replaced!

darn annoying though
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Hi Andy, a while ago you mentioned that you'd had an intermittent problem with your oil warning light... did you ever identify the cause ? It's been happenning to mine (again).

Maybe it's just scottish 4runners...

I've yet to take mine in for the steering mod, my experience with my local main dealer has not inspired me. So i'm wondering if it's worth the hassle, they're bound to cock up the tracking or something similar (maybe melt the bottom of the car trying to free a nut with heat ?)....

Comment

got my runner back now
                they or should i say - toyota UK also gave me a bottle of champers and put 10 quid of diesel in tank

that light stopped coming on after i did oil change - so maybe oil was a bit low
                but i checked at time light was coming on and seemed fine!
                havent seen light since oil change - so problem solved for now
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                X