X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4X4 Accessories & Tyres Ltd

Hi All
    Just wanted to let you all know about a good experience I have had: -
    I bought a set of Ironfly roof bars from these guys in January and a set of crossbars too.
    Each cross bar has a locking cover on each side and when I unlocked them for the first time this week one of the locks broke
    So I rang up to report what had happened.
    To begin with Garry said that I needed to return the crossbars and locks for him to look at. Once I had explained in more detail what had happened he asked to call me back (the back end of the locking barrel has an oblong part protruding which locks into the bars and this had sheared off).
    He rang back promptly and said if I returned all the locking covers he would replace them by return. Even better than that he agreed to me slipping the barrels out of the covers and just sending the barrels.
    So I caught the last post on Thursday and got the new ones through the door this morning. You only find out how good a supplier really is when something goes wrong.
    Fantastic service that deserves recognition
    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Yep I quite agree, I have had dealings with most of the popular press advertisers and I must say that 4x4 Accessories & tyres are the best of the bunch,Iv'e even pulled up outside in my 44 tonne taxi and they were pleased to see me.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Numpty question:

I have been to their site and can not tell from piccie, do the roof bars run full length of the smurf and what kind of strength are they, do they feel a good solid roof bar etc or are they hollow tubes?
      If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

They run from the back of the roof to the rear of the sunroof on mine.
        They are hollow tubes but feel strong enough for what I want.
        I have had some full sheets of ply on and gave the ratchet straps a fair amount of stick with no adverse problems.
        Lucky had a set of these rails and fitted longer tubes to make them full length, there is a thread somwhere.
        They can be fitted without removing headlining but only if you haven't got a sunroof fitted. If you do have a sunroof (as I do) you need to drop the headlining to make sure you are clear of the frame and mechanism, it gets very close!
        Don't worry about the roof lining removal, its straight forward as the lining is a solid one and goes back well.
        Edit: The tubes are flexible enough to allow the feet to follow the contour of the roof
        Last edited by Phil her up; 19 March 2006, 10:13.

Comment

Yep got those roof bars.
          Nice and easy job to fit..mind you I agree was a bit scary drilling near the sunroof, but look nice when on.
          Made up some cross bars myself at work ( had a few spare lunch breaks).

Apparently the bars can take about 70 ish kilos in weight, thats about all I'd want to lift onto the surf even with some help.

Comment

any piccies of them fitted phil?

did you go for the stainless or the black?

reason i'm asking is i'm wouldnt mind a set myself.

cheers scotty

Comment

Yea, could you post a couple of piccie phil,

Reason I am askin is that I have long pieces of kit etc that I would like to strap to roof etc but I also want to fit some site lights (orange flashing etc) to rear of truck and work lights for when I do something in the dark like work on motorbike or clean it etc before throwing it on my bike rack/trailer etc. I also want to stick my CB ariel somewhere and maybe some gay lights on the front of the roof etc. May even weld ip a fulllength roof rack etc instead of paying rude money for one.....

Body lify and new coils come tomorrow....Whopeeeeeeeee.
              If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

I'm very glad to hear you all raving about this supplier. I have just spent £350 on new tyres and steel wheels, so I'm glad to hear they provide excellent service.

I must say, when I spoke to Chris, he was very helpful and remembered exactly what I was ordering from a phone call to him a week earlier.

He also said they would be with me tomorrow which is very quick.

All too often we hear about a Company's bad service or products. It is refreshing to hear praise for a change.

Long may it continue

Dave
                Just Vegging Out

Comment

i got my rims and tyres from them .i ordered them at lunch time and they were here by 09.30 the following day. A big thumbs up from me anyway
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I went for the stainless ones.
                    No pictures yet but I will see what I can do in the next few days

Comment

First time I got my rims/tyres I drove up there to see the site and they couldn't be a more helpful group. Spent £300 for a set of 4 Colway AT's , White Spoke Rims, Seat Covers Centre caps and new nuts all round. Pleanty of other 4x4s in there at the time [several units to do different jobs]

I also have had a spare tyre/rim and a set of wheels for a mates daihatsu all at rock bottom prices compared to elsewhere.
                      Gaz

Comment

Here you go, piccies as promised
                        Attached Files

Comment

Phil make sure you get the wheels laquered b4 you put them on or they will rust
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                          X