who is the best and why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is the best and why??

who is the best ISP internet service provider??
    i ask because my modem suppied by aol is playing up again, and after 2 days of uninstalling and installing downloads for it i still no better off, spoke to man on live help this morning and cant help so going to call me in morning to talk me through what i have no doubt already tried .
    so when he rings and wont send me a new modem before i tell him where to shove it
    i need another ISP
    and WHY is it your prefered provider??

thanks guys/gals
    in antisipation of some helpful and some jokie replies too
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

i had AOL broadband here in the south wales valleys and found it very slow,
    sometimes froze for no reason..... just couldn,t get it to run tidy....

now with BT INTERNET.....MUCHO FASTER.....

carl......
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

I'm on with Freeserve (now Wanadoo)..

Good reliable service, unlimited e-mail addresses, and free upgrades to speed when they become available.
      It just does, OK?

Comment

i am with wanadoo i started off with them on dial up and kept the dial up with them for the kids puter.I went with aol for b/band and had nothing but hassle with them in the end i paid up the 12 month contract and told them to shove it where the sun dont shine and went with wanadoo b/band.i have always been satisfied with them so dont know why i went with aol.I have been given a free upgrade to the 2mb broadband and will have all further upgrades free aswell as i have been with them now for about 5 yrs
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Been with madasafish for several years - fast, reliable and cheap-ish. Now on their Broadband service - 2MBit, 2GB per month downloads, £17.99 per month.
          Tech support - never had to use it! They only seem to support Windows, and then only Outlook Express and Internet Exploder, but if you use anything else, chances are you can fix any problems yourself.

It is very rare that I don't get instant access, usually about 2.2 - 2.4MBit (i.e. slightly over the rated speed)

www.madasafish.com

Regards
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

UPDATE

thanks guys, would you believe it just tried (TO QUOTE GOOD MATE OF MINE) this one time
            and blow me down its worked.
            now question is
            shall i now install the wireless router i got so terrie can access the net when i on here with the laptop or shall i get a man or girl who can in
            Pops

Comment

I'm with Plusnet and have been for several years. Very quick and rarely breaks. When it does I call a number and it lists known faults. Lots of webspace, unlimited emails and I have a static IP (useful if you have friends with webcams because they always know where I am). Also just had a free speed upgrade. Have a look at adslguide.com, plusnet are often top for speed and reliability.

Comment

i have been with telewest for about 3 years and have never had a problem with them i always have a conection and at 12 mbps it's fast as well
                I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

I'm with a company called Seriously Internet. Always connects at 2.2mbps, and when bt sort the phone liones out i'll be upgraded to 8 meg with no extra charge! It's 14.99 per month for 2gb i think, the more you use, the more you pay but for over 40gb per month its still only £27 i think. Their technical support is good too, and i think its a free phone number too!

I remember doing loads of research when getting broadband, and somehow they swayed it for me.

cheers,

Mart
                  Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

pops, get someone in!
                    i got aol and a netgear wireless router/ modem jobby. supposed to be v easy to install. i had a programmer and an electronics engineer here (the lodgers!) and it took em 3 nights to get it all working.. messenger was the hardest bit...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

We are with virgin,it works,wife and kids are happy,Iv'e had a bottle of red wine and just opened the second so I'm happy,works for me.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Been with Tiscali now for about 3 years. No problems and only 14.99 a month

Ken
                        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

been with NTL at 3 places. pretty easy to set up too... if you get stuck on setting up cable give me a bell.
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                            We are with virgin,it works,wife and kids are happy,Iv'e had a bottle of red wine and just opened the second so I'm happy,works for me.
                            thought you called her angie not Mary
                            Pops

Comment

I'm with Wanadoo. 2.2MB speed connection at £17.99 a month. Seems to be fast, and not had any problems with it in over a year so they seem ok!!
                              Last edited by M35A2; 19 March 2006, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
                              X