Adhesive Remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive Remover

Can anyone recommend a good adhesive remover. This is NOT to remove graphics, its to remove the glue used on weatherstripping, i.e to then replace the weatherstrip.

One of the best seems to be 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...6669Cdc7rrrrQ-

but I can only find it in the states and won't ship to this country......cos of its combustion/flammability.

So anyone know if i can get it in the UK..............or equivalent.....thanks

Fieldsy

Try Bostic thinners.

Comment

I always use cellulose thinners, but don't rub too much with it.
      Or nail varnish remover, the one with acetone.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I always use cellulose thinners, but don't rub too much with it.
        Or nail varnish remover, the one with acetone.
        you could try BROWN BROTHERS they keep 3m products but also bodyshop stuff
        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Have you tried WD40?
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
            Can anyone recommend a good adhesive remover. This is NOT to remove graphics, its to remove the glue used on weatherstripping, i.e to then replace the weatherstrip.

One of the best seems to be 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...6669Cdc7rrrrQ-

but I can only find it in the states and won't ship to this country......cos of its combustion/flammability.

So anyone know if i can get it in the UK..............or equivalent.....thanks

Fieldsy
            Could try a Office Stationery shop, last one I nicked was in a orange spray can !!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I have used a tar-remover before - did the job o.k. on my graphics glue residue and should be available from most motor factors. Or you could ask your local body/spray shop for a pot of whatever they use.
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

thanks for all the options fellas.......and lasses ?, got a few to choose from there,

cheers again

Fieldsy

Comment

I have just had to remove the silver window tint from my rear screen, once the film was peeled off it left a real mess.

My solution, used for many years in window tinting and the removal of.

Silver stuff was probably on from new and once peeled I could see an older residue from some jap sticker behind it.

First smear all the glue with petrol off a rag, wipe it all and the glue/resin begins to soften, then a gental scape with a razer blade to remove excess (optional, just speeds process up) then wipe off mess with meths on a clean rag, may require some elbow grease if it is welded to the screen like mine was last night. In total, rear screen super clean in 25mins.

Just ordered some new tint, want limo black as I carry alot of gear in there and don't want scrotes helping themselves after smashing a window etc. What they dont see doesn't temp them.
                  If it works ok then you need to modify it.

Comment

Instead of a razor blade I use one of those fake plastic credit cards that the banks send out to tempt you.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      Instead of a razor blade I use one of those fake plastic credit cards that the banks send out to tempt you.

I give them to the missus, then take a few steps back, when she tries to buy something

Comment

Working...
                      X