Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
      CV boot yes.
      ?cv boot covers?
      Y/N?
      Cheers

Comment

I am I being thicK? if so please excuse. If the rubber gaiter is split then yes. if its a cover over gaiter probaly not. But you mention a leak so sounds iffy. Haven't got me surf to have a butchers at but i am sure Bushwacker will be along soon.
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Nope!
            AHHHHH now I'm the one being thick...Bushwhacker was that Nope it won't fail or you won't be along ??

Not knowing much about these things I think it is the gaitor which covers the cv boot and there is a little grease around it that makes me think its split.

Confused
            Mark

Comment

If there is a split, not only will it fail the mot, but all the grease will be 'washed' out and grit will get it and then it's bye bye cv joint.
              Do you mean steering stops making a noise??? Just dab on a dollop of grease.
              Can't see a small oil leak will be an mot failure, but cure it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                If there is a split, not only will it fail the mot, but all the grease will be 'washed' out and grit will get it and then it's bye bye cv joint.
                Do you mean steering stops making a noise??? Just dab on a dollop of grease.
                Can't see a small oil leak will be an mot failure, but cure it anyway.

Thanks
                Will get it sorted...I hear its a long job so will read up on it.
                Cheers
                Mark

Comment

split cv gaitor

A split/torn cv gaitor is a MOT failure ,plus when you start to hear a grinding sound from there ....dig deep.

Comment

Working...
                  X