lifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifts?

hi got a problem? when I bought my surf it was supposed to have a 4" body lift with 33 tyres and they catch on full lock so I thought suspension lift so today got under truck the body lift is not there 1/2 inch between body and chassis? so checked the suspension and the front torsion bars on mine are suposed to be threaded at the end? no there not so now I think it has had a suspension lift and not a body lift? the shockers have been changed to manualy ajustable ones??
    totaly baffled now????????????????

It would certainly seem you have got a suspension lift, rather thatn a body lift. I got at least 2" between my body and chassis!

Also aftermarket shocks will unlikely to be the non electrically adjustable type, and would of been fitted to allow for the extra 4" of suspension lift.

I'd check that the offset of the wheels is enough to cope with 33" tyres or fit wheel spacers or a body lift to allow extra clearance.
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

You don't need to change the torsion bars when doing a 4" suspension lift, its all about the diff drop brackets on the front. It should be easy to spot the front diff brackets and 4 link mount brackets on the rear.

Got ant pics? Would be easier to tell by looking.

33's will still rub slighty with 4" of lift (suspension or body lift) if you have lots of offset on the wheels.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X