Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Hmmmmm, first full tank of fuel nearly used and i only got just over 300 something on clock, only took a week to do this... I noticed my speedo needle does not drop down fully on the little spike at 0mph, more like sits about 5/6mph. This means my speedo is reading 65mph and actual speed confirmed by my gps is 58mph...This would have an effect on my distance too ...right ???

Any ideas???

Is it possible that my speedo has been converted to MPH along with the new dial ????

My mechanic says he has a good diesel additive that helps fuel consumption but will cost £30

All city driving and no i dont have a heavy right foot....

Around town you're unlikely to get more than about low 20's. Mine runs to about 290 miles before I chicken out and refill the tank. My average over the life of my ownership is 22.5mpg.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Around town you're unlikely to get more than about low 20's. Mine runs to about 290 miles before I chicken out and refill the tank. My average over the life of my ownership is 22.5mpg.
      Ok so now i'm worried!

I fill the tank to the brim and get just over 200 miles before the light comes on! I don't think i'm that heavy footed, i try to never let the revs exceed 2250. my driving is mixed town/longer runs. maybe she's in need of a full service.

Mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Brim to brim test mine gets around 25mpg on average and thats 70% country driving 30% outskirts and city centre. Not too bad really i guess.
        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

I checked mine brim to brim and got 20.2 mpg (399 km on 54 litres), but i am quite heavy footed!

Comment

stick a caravan on the back and a lead linned boot=15 mpg
            normal running i get 19-21 mpg ,still got lead in me boots though
            john
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
              Ok so now i'm worried!

I fill the tank to the brim and get just over 200 miles before the light comes on! I don't think i'm that heavy footed, i try to never let the revs exceed 2250. my driving is mixed town/longer runs. maybe she's in need of a full service.

Mart
              How long is it since you gave it a dose of injector cleaner ?

I gave mine a healthy dose of Redex when the tank was a quarter full and then thrashed it on the A303 for a while .... next tank saw a 30% improvement in mpg !
              Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

My latest stats are 1017 Litres for 6009 miles = 26.8 mpg

Hippo tends to live on the M25

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yep i just worked mine out at 23mpg in city and 27mpg on motorway...

I did put redex through the last tank but my mech says he has something better...will find out what it is...

Comment

my normal in town is 18mpg ish. usually get 20-22 on a run, best ever i think worked out at 24.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

theres a fuel warning light??? must run it low some time, i like pretty lights
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        theres a fuel warning light??? must run it low some time, i like pretty lights
                        yeah me too i usually turn it on for a couple of days every 2weeks or so
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                          Ok so now i'm worried!

i try to never let the revs exceed 2250. .

Mart
                          Theres your problem; thrash it once in a while. Even with gas and water off and driving like a complete hooligan I've never seen less than 26mpg.

Comment

Old Engine and new engine always around 22mpg. Mixed driving.
                            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

It dosen't matter what the mpg is, just enjoy the drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X