F***King White Vans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F***King White Vans...

Driving back from Falmouth on Sunday, stopped at some lights in Redruth, indicating to turn left this white ford transit pulls up on my right - as the lights change he just cuts straight across in front of me and turns left - see pics for the damage...When he stopped a bit further up the road to exchange details etc he actually thought he was in the correct lane for turning left!!!!!

So a couple of questions - Anybody know of a place in/ close to Redruth or Camborne where I can get this repaired and secondly how much will I be looking at??

Cheers
    Attached Files

What a total dic* head. You have my sympathies. Always the way. Always someone else that buggers up your motor because of their stupid driving. You have to have eyes in every part of your head these days.

Hope you get it sorted quick mate!!
    Last edited by M35A2; 13 March 2006, 13:59.

Comment

won,t your insurance (or should be his) sort it out ??

carl.....
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Insurance should sort it out, but can take time, and they will try to get away with doing less of a job.

A very important point dealing with any car insurance claim. You will be dealing with your insurance probably who will in turn deal with the culprit. the insurance companies all look after each other and the loss adjuster will basically offer you about 2/3ds of the value or 2/3 of the job. They have to discuss/negotiate with you on the figure / work to be done. However, and this is the important bit, if you tell them to go and **** themselves or otherwise indicated that negotiations are over they will then just pick their own figure, and you will have an almost impossible job to appeal this.

If you are calm, reasonable, and keep putting a good case as to why they should do a proper job, you stand every chance of getting the right result. hard work but it is worth it.

Comment

If that happend to me, I would just keep going until I pushed the f*****s van over, then drag the driver out through his steering wheel, show him what he had just done to front of my truck, take him to the nearest ATM machine, dangling from my roofrails, and get him to withdraw cash to cover my trucks damage. Then take him to a newsagents or post office and watch him purchase a copy of the highway code and get him read the section on roadsigns and markings until he understood them, them listen to his excuses for his dumbass roadsense.

Comment

Isn't he going tofind it difficult to sit down for a good read?

What with that steering wheel stuck up his bum?

Comment

Don't care, as long as he reads and understands it!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                If that happend to me, I would just keep going until I pushed the f*****s van over, then drag the driver out through his steering wheel, show him what he had just done to front of my truck, take him to the nearest ATM machine, dangling from my roofrails, and get him to withdraw cash to cover my trucks damage. Then take him to a newsagents or post office and watch him purchase a copy of the highway code and get him read the section on roadsigns and markings until he understood them, them listen to his excuses for his dumbass roadsense.
                Ah, a man after my own heart. That sounds like the best way to deal with these **ckwits!!

Hope you get it sorted soon humero.

Comment

Originally posted by humero
                  Driving back from Falmouth on Sunday, stopped at some lights in Redruth, indicating to turn left this white ford transit pulls up on my right - as the lights change he just cuts straight across in front of me and turns left - see pics for the damage...When he stopped a bit further up the road to exchange details etc he actually thought he was in the correct lane for turning left!!!!!

So a couple of questions - Anybody know of a place in/ close to Redruth or Camborne where I can get this repaired and secondly how much will I be looking at??

Cheers
                  Sorry to ear of your problems Bud (should really be His problem) sorting your Truck. My sympathisies, a few weeks ago a (Steering Wheel Attendant) did the very same type O' fing only I got the FULL Nerf Bars & I came away unscathed, not so in his case tho , That'll teach im, Fink NOT.
                  Good Luck

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Sent you a message
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                    X