Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf newbie here

Hey Guys

I`m a newbie to the forums and shortly to be in the market for a surf having sold my r32 skyline gtr.

I know NOTHING about surfs and am not a mechanic to ANY degree. I fancy a 3rd gen 3.0 turbo diesel. These seem to be the most reliable from what i can gather here.

What do I look for? I`ve read about 'heads replaced' and obviously cambelts. Are these expensive jobs? Anything else I should particularly look for when i go to buy?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be good....

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to Surfdom.
    The 3rd gens are not known for head problems, thats the 2.4 2nd gen.
    The intercooled version of the 3rd gen has a bit more power over the standard engine, but the standard truck is no slouch either.

Theres a few for sale here......http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/fo...c&daysprune=-1
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 11 March 2006, 20:01.

Comment

Nice One Vince

....... at least I am pointing in the right direction now...... its gotta be a 3.0....

Comment

Also, 3rd gens have the lift-up tailgate and the fuel filler is on the passenger side, and they are 1996 onwards.

Comment

Hi,

another ex-skyline owner!! Nice to see! I sold my r33 gts-t last month after buying the 3.0td 2nd gen surf, and i don't regret it at all! Well i do miss steering using the rear tyres and the throttle, but people still get out of the way in the surf! Enjoy it matey, the smile is just as big, you just burn less rubber and fuel!

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
          X