Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fuel cats work

You bet they do.....
    Yesterday I went from Felixstowe to Hay-on-wye and back a total round trip of 792 kms and used 90 ltrs of fuel.Now by my reconings (mind you my maffs wernt never any good) thats makes 28-30 mpg.
    Still if I am wrong then I stand corrected.

Why I went to hey-on-wye is another story and I will let the vagrants tell it when they get back. AllI will say is that the officals woudnt let me play
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

What do you reckon you were getting to the gallon before?

According to this website, it works out at 25 (ish) mpg.....
    Last edited by dave.j.robbo; 11 March 2006, 18:50.
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

About 20 -21 and on a 17 year old surf thats not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        About 20 -21 and on a 17 year old surf thats not bad.
        A 3-4 mpg increase is worth having!!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

hi sumo did you fit it yourself or did you get someone to do it for you keep saying im going to get one but im useless with spanners, unless its as easy as put it there and off ya go know what i mean
          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
            hi sumo did you fit it yourself or did you get someone to do it for you keep saying im going to get one but im useless with spanners, unless its as easy as put it there and off ya go know what i mean
            Yep I fitted it myself........with the help of Koi,Vagrant no2,Roger (gamedawn),Jotto,pops,all the other forum members that were there,several beers and general abuse from all the wives who were at the lincs show last summer.
            But yes it is realy easy and quick,should take about 30 mins..(took us 3 1/2 hours,wot with all the discusin and beer drinkin)

Comment

When I say 90 lts its accually less,heres how. I got a 40 ltr tank,filled up drove to hey-on-wye (nearl empty)filled up again drove back to felixstowe,stopped 11 miles from home and put in 10 ltrs (I could have got home with wot I had)

Comment

When I say 90 lts its accually less,heres how. I got a 40 ltr tank,filled up drove to hey-on-wye (nearl empty)filled up again drove back to felixstowe,stopped 11 miles from home and put in 10 ltrs (I could have got home with wot I had)
                Sorry, Sumo. I wasn't trying to be picky!!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Sorry, Sumo. I wasn't trying to be picky!!!

Nah dont worry about it,Im on my 3rd rum and black,while the vagrants is freezzzzzzing their buts off,and deprived of sleep.
                  Any way I said my maffs aint great,all I know is that I have to fill up less,and that saves me money on 2 fronts 1 less derv bought and 2 I cant leave a garage shop without me choccy,so if I go there less I get less chocy and loose weight,RESULT.

Comment

You bet they do.....
                    Yesterday I went from Felixstowe to Hay-on-wye and back a total round trip of 792 kms and used 90 ltrs of fuel.Now by my reconings (mind you my maffs wernt never any good) thats makes 28-30 mpg.
                    Still if I am wrong then I stand corrected.

Why I went to hey-on-wye is another story and I will let the vagrants tell it when they get back. AllI will say is that the officals woudnt let me play
                    BARstewards shall we send the boys round
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Working...
                    X