No announcement yet.

Dog Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutted for you mate,even though I dont know you, dogs are my world and I was nearly in tears reading about yours.
    HUFC
    HEREFORD IS IN ENGLAND.

Comment

Really bad news, trouble is things like this you beat yourself up thinking if only I'd done this, that or the other. Trouble is we can all have perfect hindsight.

One thing I found out a few months ago, we came within a few hours of losing our cocker with pancriatitus (I know I spelt that wrong!). I never knew what to look for, she kept sicking up everything she ate and was really miserable. She has always had a dodgy stomach ever since she ate a beer bottle top and had to have it cut out several years ago so we thought it was more of the same. The vet never spotted it, only when we were so worried we took her to the vet hospital and they told us. A week and a half and £2,800 later she was back with us. We know what to look for now and the first sign of anything like it she is starved for at least 3 days (much to her disgust) to settle her down. Rich food causes it by all accounts, we were trying her out on lamb mince to see if it helped her digestion and we now think that it was probably a bit to fatty.

Hopefully this might help someone else.
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Ditto all the above Phillip,we spent all week end worrying about our cocker ,after our daughter left some jelly sweets out that he just happened to find ,we spent two days flapping and in view of your comments the only real action should have been to go straight to the vet,next time what ever it is i know which way i shall react ,thanks again and good luck to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
          we were trying her out on lamb mince to see if it helped her digestion and we now think that it was probably a bit to fatty.
          don't all dogs just eat dog food?

just generic "meat in jelly"
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorry to here of your loss!...

I've had two dogs, numerous budgies, tropical fish and theres nothing like losing something you love.....

I had a cross Alsation/Collie that was found abandoned in the back street of my parents when i lived there [too young to be away from its mother].. and a Shetland Sheepdog...unfortunatley both had to be put down [Cancer of the mouth and Heart problems/Hernia]

Its funny but our Vet at the time [1st dog] said that some dog foods can be too rich and it would be better to switch to Cat Food...kept this up with the Sheltie and seemed to work.
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              don't all dogs just eat dog food?

just generic "meat in jelly"
              Only in so much as it is food for the dog. Since the bottle top incident, which came out as a serrated disk, she has suffered from irritable bowel syndrome caused by the scars in her stomach. Food goes in and don't come out, it gets stuck inside. Chicken, which is in most dog foods, even lamb, fish and thongs like that contain chicken fat. Hence the lamb mince.
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

It is amazing how people are when you lose your Dog, When My German Shepard had to be put down, I cryed for days, and a big bearly bloke from work give me a hug.

Sorry for the loss of your good friend & family member.
                I like Orientals

Comment

Working...
                X